- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Current Issues Bible Studies
What would you give to defend them?
We say we oppose abortion, embryonic research, and war, but how do we live out those convictions? Would we take a minimum wage job and give up our assets to support anti-abortion efforts? Here s how far one pastor was willing to go.
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE: Daniel 2:19b 21; 3:8 18; 3:19 23; 3:24 30.
Identify the Current Issue
Discover the Eternal Principles
--Teaching point one: Even though it may appear otherwise, God is sovereign over history; neither rulers nor we are ultimately in control of historical events or outcomes.
--Teaching point two: Conflicts inevitably arise for the people of God who must choose whom they will serve, the one true God or the gods and idols of this world.
--Teaching point three: Christian faithfulness sometimes entails suffering, persecution, and even martyrdom.
--Teaching point four: God sometimes delivers his people from suffering and persecution, but even when that doesn t happen, God is still with them.
Apply Your Findings
ARTICLE FROM CHRISTIANITY TODAY
The Pastor without a Paycheck, by Tim Stafford (2003)
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Tough Questions
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search