- All Products
- Christian Livinghttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1119299&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2005
Availability: In Stock
To many in the world, the Christian faith is a set of rules and regulations. But Jesus himself did not teach his followers in sets of dos and don'ts; he taught them foundational principles to live by. These life principles, Charles Stanley says, are the simple truths that act as a compass for our souls.
You will learn:
- Your life is a Masterpiece
- Waiting on God is not passive
- Disappointments are inevitable, but discouragement is a choice
- You were created with eternity in your heart
- God assumes full responsibility for your needs when you obey Him
Using examples from his own personal experiences, Biblical personalities, and case studies, Dr. Stanley demonstrates how these key life principles impact life in the 21st century-and how they make us, as Christians, different from those who live their lives according to preference, rather than principles.
It is a study of nine principles that Dr. Stanley has discovered in his walk with the Lord. They include: Gods Grace is the Starting Point; Trust the Lord, and He will move Heaven and Earth to Accomplish His Purpose; Obedience Always Brings Blessing; Knowing Gods Will is Worth the Wait; and Fight Your Battles on Your Knees, and Youll Win Every Time.
"Are you wrestling against forces that seem out of your control? Is lifes treadmill going faster that you are? If you answer yes you are running your own life." And therein lies the problem for each of us. In this age of instant everything, if we dont getor findthe answer yesterday, we ignore God and try to solve problems our way.
Dr. Stanley shows through Scripture and example the wisdom and blessing that is ours when we slow down, prioritize, and submit to God. We were created with a "God" hole in us. When we try to fill that place with anything but God, we are bound to fail. When we ignore Gods rules and warnings, we set ourselves up to fall.
Developing a relationship with our Father takes time and effort, but is worth it. His way is seldom easy, but yielding to it always results in blessing and a deeper relationship with Him. The fruit of the Spirit is proof of His love to us and through us to others. It is proof of the Extraordinary Life possible to each one of us.
Living the Extraordinary Life is a great Bible study for individuals or small groups. At the end of each chapter there are a few questions and extra Scriptures to study. He also has provided journaling pages at the back. Linda Demorest, Christian Book Previews.com
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Download >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search