- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
CBDReader for Desktop
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your desktop computer, visit cbdreader.christianbook.com.
Log in with your CBD account and enjoy your eBook.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Emphasizing the importance of evaluating worldview, assignments often ask students to evaluate the perspectives of the characters and authors in the writing. Students will also study and analyze literary elements such as plot, setting, characters, writing style, allegory, dialogue, and other components of excellent writing.
Thirty-four weekly chapters include four lessons each (45-60 minutes) with objectives and concept-building exercises; a writing assignment is due at the end of the week, which students are encouraged to polish for inclusion in a final portfolio. Daily "concept builders" emphasize a concept important to the chapter topic through graphic organizers and reading exercises. Students are also encouraged to write in a prayer journal each day, to create vocabulary cards for challenging words, and discuss the week's literary term with parents/educators.
NIV Scripture used. With all assignments completed, this course equals 1 writing and 1 literature credit. 381 pages, softcover. Junior High: Grades 7-8.
This course requires the following books:
- The Call of the Wild, by Jack London
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, by Mark Twain
- Idylls of the King by Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn
- Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
- The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
- Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- Anne Frank: The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Silas Marner by George Eliot
- The Religious Life of a Negro by Booker T. Washington
- Anne of Green Gables by L. Maude Montgomery
- Ivanhoe by Sir Walter Scott
- Shane by Jack Warner Schaefer
- A Midsummer's Night Dream by William Shakespeare
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Master Books
Publication Date: 2013
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
Skills for Rhetoric (Teacher): Developing Persuasive Communication - eBookJames StobaughMaster Books / 2013 / ePub$6.39 Retail:
$7.99Save 20% ($1.60)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW42247EB