- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
They Like Jesus But Not the Church: Insights from Emerging GenerationsDan KimballZondervan/Youth Specialties / 2007 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$18.99Save 32% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW45901
Perimeters of Light: Biblical Boundaries for the Emerging ChurchElmer L. Towns, Ed StetzerMoody Publishers / 2004 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$14.99Save 27% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW415008
The Dust off Their Feet: Transitioning the Church to Conform to His Will--Then/NowChris SeayThomas Nelson / 2006 / Trade Paperback$3.49 Retail:
$9.99Save 65% ($6.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW23465
Confessions of a Reformission Rev.: Hard Lessons From an Emerging Missional ChurchMark DriscollZondervan / 2006 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$18.99Save 32% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW70168Video
In this six-session small group Bible study, They Like Jesus But Not the Church, Dan Kimball explores and addresses the most common objections and misconceptions about Christianity.
Ask someone today if he or she likes Jesus, and the answer is usually yes. But ask if that person likes the church, and chances are you will get a far less favorable response.
Led by author Dan Kimball, this six-session small group Bible study will help you explore and respond truthfully, caringly, and engagingly to the most common objections and misunderstandings culture has about the church and Christianity. Through interviews with those who like Jesus but not the church and teaching by Dan Kimball, this small group Bible study will teach you how to respond to the common objections of the faith. Includes discussion questions and resource listings.
This Participant Guide is designed for use together with the They Like Jesus But Not the Church DVD (sold separately) and includes discussion questions for individuals and groups. When used together, they provide you with a practical tool than can strengthen your faith.
1. The Danger of the Christian Bubble
2. Is the Church Negative, Judgmental, and Political?
3. Does the Church Restrict and Oppress Women?
4. Is the Church Homophobic?
5. Do Christians Arrogantly Think All Other Religions Are Wrong?
6. Are Christians Fundamentalists Who Take The Whole Bible Literally?
Dan Kimball is the author of several books on leadership, church, and culture. He is on staff at Vintage Faith Church in Santa Cruz, California, and is a professor at George Fox University. He enjoys comic art, Ford Mustangs, and punk and rockabilly music. His passion is to see the church and Christians follow and represent Jesus in the world with love, intelligence, and creativity. His website and blog are at www.dankimball.com.
Elisa Lehto4 Stars Out Of 5February 19, 2009Elisa LehtoAn excellent tool to use hand in hand with the video, or independently (although most of the references make much more sense with the video). A wonderful tool for ministry.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Wordkeeper Economy Canvas Bible Cover, Black, MediumCBD Exclusive / Gift$6.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 49 Reviews
$19.99Save 65% ($13.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW13657
The Daniel Plan Guide, Booklet: 40 Days to a Healthier LifeRick Warren, Daniel Amen M.D., Mark Hyman M.D.Zondervan / 2014 / Trade Paperback$2.995 Stars Out Of 5 2 ReviewsAvailability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW341662
Bible Cover with Debossed Ichthus, Black and Tan, MediumChristian Art Gifts / 2010 / Gift$16.99 Retail:1 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$19.99Save 15% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW097483
Christian Atheist Participant's Guide: Believing in God but Living as If He Doesn't Exist - Slightly ImperfectZondervan / 2010 / Trade Paperback$4.99 Retail:
$9.99Save 50% ($5.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW329756DA
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Tough Questions
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Church Life
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Tough Questions
- Books >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Church Life
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Start A New Search