- All Products
- Christian Livinghttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1119625&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: New Leaf Press
Publication Date: 1997
Availability: In Stock
"When we believe the Bible as it is, we will see the power of God move in our lives and in our community as it did centuries ago in Bible times."
Translated into dozens of languages, with millions of copies sold, Like a Mighty Wind remains a beloved classic from global evangelist Mel Tari. Recounting the incredible story of revival on the island of Timor during 1965 in the midst of political turmoil, the book is an amazing testament to the power of faith and the reality of God's power to work miracles in modern times.
The Spirit of God that swept across the island "like a mighty wind" continues today throughout Indonesia although persecution of Christians is all too common. The story of God's powerful revival in this region remains a testament to the truth of God's Word, and serves as a reminder to all believers that the Spirit of God manifests in our world now as it did in the earliest days of the Church.
Cliff Dudley founded New Leaf Press, Inc. in 1975 after serving as sales manager at Moody Press in the late 1960s and founding Creation House in 1971. He had a very strong belief in the power of the printed page to move people toward Christ. The mission of New Leaf Press has always been "to bring the lost to Christ and balance to the body of Christ."
In the mid-1960s thru the 1970s, the islands of Indonesia experienced what some feel was one of the greatest revivals in the 20th century, which has led to millions coming to Christ. A young man of just 18 when this period of revival began, Mel Tari witnessed amazing miracles like those written in the Bible within the remote communities of Indonesia. Tari became a well-known evangelist and missionary to the world from Timor, authoring the bestselling book, Like a Mighty Wind, which documents the amazing events of this spiritual revival in Asia. Translated into dozens of language, the book has become a classic with its message of a childlike faith in the reality of the Holy Spirit and the power of the Word of God. Tari is also the author The Gentle Breeze of Jesus as well as two additional Christian books.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Confident Heart Devotional, A: 60 Days to Stop Doubting Yourself - eBookRenee Swope5 Stars Out Of 5 5 ReviewsSave 39%
Birthing the Miraculous: The Power of Personal Encounters with God to Change Your Life and the World - eBookHeidi BakerSave 35%
Comprehensive Curriculum of Basic Skills Grade 3 WorkbookSave 10%
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Holy Spirit
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Download >> Biography
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> Church History
- Download >> eBooks >> Biography
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Church History >> History of Missions
- eBooks >> Biography
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- eBooks >> Church History >> History of Missions
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search