- All Products
- Personal Growthhttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1120892&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
CBDReader App for Kindle Fire
Tap the status bar on the top right to access "Settings".
Click on "More".
Turn ON the option to "Allow Installation of Apps From Unknown Sources". For security reasons, you should turn this option OFF after installation.
Navigate to this page while on your Kindle Fire and click here to download the 'CBDReader.apk' file.
After download is complete, tap on the left side of the status bar to open the Notification screen.
Select the CBDReader.apk file to install upated app.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
I'll quit tomorrow.
It's not my fault!
I can't help it; I've been under so much stress ...
I deserve this.
Sound familiar? We often tell a little white lie and then wonder why we were tempted to do something wrong. We don't recognize that the lies we tell ourselves often lead to sinful behavior. In Lies We Tell Ourselves, Laurie takes an honest and often humorous look at the ways we fall into sin and how we frequently rationalize our actions. Drawing from the pages of Scriptures and his own experiences, he shares practical steps you can take to effectively resist temptation and put an end to the compromises that will ultimately harm you. Originally published as I'm Going on a Diet Tomorrow (and Other Lies We Tell Ourselves).
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Regal Books
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
In Lies We Tell Ourselves: How to Say No to Temptation and Put an End to Compromise, Laurie challenges his readers to take a closer look at how they tend to give in to temptation through rationalization and compromise when dealing with certain harmful behaviors. Although the cover displays a slice of pie dripping with chocolate and cherries, Laurie doesnt focus only on dieting, but applies his thoughts to any area of life.
Laurie points out that although temptation can come at any time, it frequently comes after a time of great blessing or when Christians have asked God to use them to make a difference in His kingdom. He explains how Jesus dealt with his times of temptation, particularly during his forty days in the wilderness being tested by Satan.
The author provides helpful guidelines to effectively combat temptation and gives encouragement to overcome it. The chapters are short so the reader doesnt get bogged down in deep theological studies, which suits the topic well. The questions at the end of each chapter are well-designed to focus the reader on the subject. Jeff Friend, Christian Book Previews.com
Other Customers Also Purchased
Dealing with Giants: How to Face the Hardships and Challenges of Life - eBookGreg Laurie5 Stars Out Of 5 1 ReviewsSave 20%
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Pursuing Holiness
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> Personal Growth
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Pursuing Holiness
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- eBooks >> Personal Growth >> Counseling/Psychology
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search