- All Products
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
Number of Pages: 208
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2012
|Dimensions: 8.38 X 5.50 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Take Your Best Shot: Do Something Bigger Than YourselfAustin Gutwein, Todd Hillard5 Stars Out Of 5 13 ReviewsSave 20%Video
Take Your Best Shot: Do Something Bigger Than Yourself - eBookAustin Gutwein, Todd Hillard5 Stars Out Of 5 13 Reviews$7.99
Alex & Brett Harris Pack: Do Hard Things / Start HereAlex Harris, Brett HarrisSave 55%
Want to do something for God but dont know what? Want to help others but dont know who? Want to know what it is youre really good at doing? Your gifts may feel small and insignificant. But God can use them to work a miracle!
Inspired by the biblical story of the feeding of the 5,000, Live to Give delivers a message of hope that we all have something to give. Written in the down-to-earth, candid voice of the gifted young man who as a kid founded a relief ministry that has saved and improved countless lives in Africa, Live to Give is the message that every teen needs to hear: You are more special than you know, and you can do big things.
Jesus proved that no gift is too small when He used five loaves and two fish to feed a crowd of thousands. And if no gift is too small, too ordinary, or too random, there is no limit to what the youth of today can accomplish!
A teenage philanthropist who has built a high school, two medical clinics, and a dormitory in Africaall before the age of 16Austin Gutwein shares how to take what may seem like the simplest of talents, gifts, and interests and use them for something Jesus can use to move mountains.
Common Core Standards:
- R.CCR.1 Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text;
- R.CCR.2 Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas;
- R.CCR.3 Analyze how and why individuals, events, and ideas develop and interact over the course of a text;
- R.CCR.6 Assess how point of view or purpose shapes the content and style of a text;
- SL.CCR.1 Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively
Austin Gutwein is the 17-year-old founder of Hoops of Hope, an international speaker, and author of Take Your Best Shot. To date, Hoops of Hope participants has raised over 2.3 million dollars to build schools, dormitories, clean water projects, and medical clinics in Africa. Austins story has been told to an estimated 70 million people through his speaking engagements and news coverage.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Our Town: A Play in Three ActsThornton WilderSave 30%
Mark: N.T. Wright for Everyone Bible Study GuidesN.T. Wright, Lin JohnsonSave 20%
Not a Fan: Becoming a Completely Committed Follower of JesusKyle Idleman5 Stars Out Of 5 320 ReviewsSave 50%Video