- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
The case studies are divided into six sections for easy reference:
- So, You Want to be a Youth Worker.
- Music, Media, and the Message
- Dealing with difficult issues
- The Bible, Theology, and Christian Education
- Recreation, Retreats and Road Trips
- Worship, Prayer, and Evangelism
Number of Pages: 176
Publication Date: 2012
Availability: In Stock
Other Customers Also Purchased
The Youth Ministry Survival Guide: How to Thrive and Last for the Long HaulLen KagelerZondervan / 2008 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:
$14.99Save 33% ($5.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW276630
Shaped by the Story: Discover the Art of Bible StoryingMichael NovelliSparkhouse Press / 2013 / Trade Paperback$12.99 Retail:
$19.99Save 35% ($7.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW469424
Youth Ministry: What's Gone Wrong and How to Get it RightDavid OlshineAbingdon Press / 2013 / Trade Paperback$13.99 Retail:
$18.99Save 26% ($5.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW757734
A Volunteer Youth Worker's Guide to Leading a Small GroupMark OestreicherBarefoot Ministries / 2013 / Trade Paperback$6.29 Retail:
$7.99Save 21% ($1.70)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW151307
Designed to introduce and promote the use of case studies and strategic intentional interviews into the growing and developing of present and future youth workers, Learn Before You Leap provides an argument for the use of problem centered learning strategies that are common practices in the areas of the social sciences, leadership and business but not yet publicly developed or resourced in the growing field of youth ministry education.
Learn Before You Leap also:
- Helps new youth workers process situations theyll encounter through role play.
- Enables veteran youth workers to keep sharp and mentor younger youth workers and volunteers.
- Uses Problem Based Learning to help promote critical thinking and problem solving in the youth ministry context.
- Discusses the value and strategies for using interviews as a ministry development tool.
Includes ten case studies each addressing issues common to youth ministry organized by topical focus and a fully developed interview worksheet on the given topicappropriate to a formal class room setting, an online threaded discussion, an informal youth ministry network lunch, a one-on-one internship discussion over coffee, or an individual reading.
Kevin Turner is the Associate Professor of Youth Ministry and Theology at Colorado Christian University. He and his wife, Elizabeth, and their two kids live in Lakewood, CO.