2011 marked the 400th anniversary of the King James Version of the Bible, a landmark that gained worldwide media attention and researched estimates that more than one billion copies of KJV editions have been sold to date. Indeed, the beloved, historically rich rendering of Scripture is an ongoing favorite among Bible readers.
The Holman KJV Study Bible is a new edition modeled after Holman's 2011 ECPA Christian Book Award-winning HCSB Study Bible, where every well-conceived study help is practically placed on the same page spread as the related biblical text. It also features 15,000 study notes, 141 photos, 62 timelines, 59 maps, 40-page concordance, 20 articles and essays, 16 illustrations and reconstructions, 15 charts, and a helpful glossary of 17th century expressions relative to the KJV’s signature phrasing.
- Two-column text setting
- Center-column cross references
- Full-color page designs
- Full-color maps, charts, and reconstructions
- Extensive book introductions, and commentary notes
- Essays on practical and theological issues
- Feature-length articles on the origin and transmission of the Bible
- A "King's English" glossary of terms
- The words of Jesus in red
- One- and three-year Bible reading plans
- Presentation page
- Family record pages
- Two ribbon markers
- 9.50" x 7.00" x 2.25"
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.