KJV Life in the Spirit Study Bible, Top Grain Leather, Black (Previously titled The Full Life Study Bible)
A Unique Study Bible Worth Using
There are a wealth of great Study Bibles available today, but the KJV Life in the Spirit Study Bible is unique and definitely worth using. Here are 7 reasons why I like it:
1) What I like best about this Study Bible is the 77 in-depth articles that address a wide range of topics. Each article typically ranges from 2-3 pages in length (some are more).
OLD TESTAMENT ARTICLES: Creation * The Call of Abraham * God's covenant with Abraham * Isaac and Jacob * The Providence of God * The Passover * The Old Testament Law * The Day of Atonement * The Fear of the Lord * God's Covenant With the Israelites * The Destruction of the Canaanites * Angels and the Angel of the LORD * The Nature of Idolatry * God's Covenant With David * Effective Praying * Christ in the Old Testament * The City of Jerusalem * The Temple * Worship * The Suffering of the Righteous * Death * Praise * Biblical Hope * The Attributes of God * The Heart * Wine in the Old Testament * Human Personhood * The Prophet in the Old Testament * The Will of God * The Word of God * The Peace of God * The Glory of God * Intercession * The Spirit in the Old Testament * The Care of the Poor and Needy * Tithes and Offerings
NEW TESTAMENT ARTICLES: Divine Healing * The Kingdom of God * The Church * The Great Tribulation * Power Over Satan and Demons * False Teachers * Signs of Believers * Jesus and the Holy Spirit * Riches and Poverty * Wine in New Testament Times * Regeneration * The Regeneration of the Disciples * Baptism in the Holy Spirit * Speaking in Tongues * The Doctrine of the Holy Spirit * Testing for Genuine Baptism in the Spirit * Overseers and Their Duties * Biblical Words for Salvation * Faith and Grace * Israel in God's Plan of Salvation * Three Kinds of People * Food Sacrificed to Idols * Spiritual Gifts for Believers * The Resurrection of the Body * The Judgment of Believers * Spiritual Separation for Believers * The Acts of the Sinful Nature and the Fruit of the Spirit * Election and Predestination * The Ministry Leadership Gifts for the Church * Parents and Children * The Rapture * The Age of the Antichrist * Moral Qualifications for Overseers * Bible Training for Christians * The Inspiration and Authority of Scripture * Individual Apostasy * The Old Covenant and the New Covenant * Standards of Sexual Morality * Sanctification * The Christian's Relationship to the World * Assurance of Salvation * Christ's Messages to the Seven Churches
2) There's also a great selection of MAPS & CHARTS: Table of Nations * Jacob's Journeys * The Exodus * Hebrew Calendar * The Tabernacle * Tabernacle Furnishings * Old Testament Sacrifices * Old Testament Feasts * Major Ethical Concerns in the Covenant * Conquest of Jordan * Solomon's Jerusalem * Solomon's Temple * Temple Furnishings * The Divided Kingdom * The Lives of Elijah and Elisha * Exile of the Northern Kingdom * Exile of the Southern Kingdom * Kings of Israel and Judah * Return From Exile * Chronology: Ezra-Nehemiah * Old Testament Prophecies Fulfilled in Christ * Jerusalem During the Time of the Prophets * The Neo-Babylonian Empire * The Book of Jonah * From Malachi to Christ * Jewish Sects * The Kingdom of God Versus the Kingdom of Satan * Decapolis and Lands Beyond the Jordan * Jesus in Galilee * Passion Week * Jesus in Judea and Samaria * The Ministry of Jesus (i.e., a Harmony of the Gospels) * The Parables of Jesus * The Miracles of Jesus * The Miracles of the Apostles * Countries of People Mentioned at Pentecost * Philip's and Peter's Missionary Journeys * Paul's First Missionary Journey * Paul's Second Missionary Journey * Paul's Third Missionary Journey * Paul's Journey to Rome * The Gifts of the Holy Spirit * The Work of the Holy Spirit * The Last Days of History * The Seven Churches of Revelation.
3) The study notes are Pentecostal in general and Assemblies of God (or Church of God, Cleveland TN) in particular. Among other things, this means that regeneration "by" the Holy Spirit and baptism "in" the Holy Spirit are viewed as two distinct yet necessary and complementary experiences; that healing of the sick and all the gifts of the Spirit as outlined in the NT are available today; that believers are called to holy living; that alcohol has no place in the life of the believer (great notes on this); and that the return of Christ is imminent, premillennial and pretribulational.
4) This is the only Study Bible I own that reflects a Wesleyan/Arminian (vs. a Reformed/Calvinist) perspective. And the notes are AMAZING, written by the late Dr. Robert Shank (author of "Life in the Son" and "Elect in the Son") who was not a Pentecostal. Even if you don't agree with the Arminian approach you will gain a much clearer understanding of how Romans 9-11 and the many NT "warning passages" are interpreted by the Arminian camp.
5) Superior craftsmanship. Zondervan has been publishing this Study Bible since 1992 (previously titled the "Full Life Study Bible"). It is Smyth sewn and features a 2-column page format, centre-column cross references, sectional headings, subject index, concordance and full color maps that are very similar to the NIV Study Bible (2002 & 2008 Editions). Interestingly, this Study Bible was re-branded in 2010 as the "Fire Bible" (Hendrickson Publishers), which was the name given to this Bible by the underground church in China. However, I feel the production quality and addtional features offered by Zondervan is much better.
6) The story behind the making of this Study Bible. The late Donald C. Stamps was an Assemblies of God missionary to Brazil and a man of prayer and dedication to the Scriptures. With the help of several distinguished scholars and missionaries he devoted 13 years to developing this resource. Sadly, he did not live to see the fruits of his labor published.
7) The KJV edition used here is The Cambridge Paragaph Bible of 1873 edition by F.H.A. Scrivener which greatly improves the consistency of the KJV text. The 1873 version also arranges the prose sections into paragraphs and the poetic sections into parallel lines, making it much easier to read. This is the same edition of the KJV used all of Zondervan's KJV Bible products, including the "Strongest Strong's" Exhaustive Concordance.
June 9, 2014
AMAZING LOVE IT .... GREAT NOTES ARTICLES MAPS ETC. RECOMMENDED...
May 1, 2014
Outstanding and true to Biblical principles!
The notes and articles are very scholarly while at the same time written for those of us who are not academics. Great for daily Bible study.
January 22, 2014
I highly recommend this study Bible for anyone wanting to grow in their knowledge and understanding of God's Holy word, and grow closer to God as you study. The study comments are a great help in understanding the scriptures.
December 27, 2013