KJV, The Scofield Study Bible III, Basketweave BK/BG, Bonded Leather, Thumb-Indexed
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Note Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This edition is a fresh variation on Oxford's combination of the KJV translation with the renowned Scofield study system. The Scofield KJV continues the legacy of the committee of Evangelical scholars who edited the New Scofield Study Bible in 1967. It includes numerous features that enhance the augmentation (not revision) of this treasured one-volume resource.
- New subheadings clarify the structure of book introductions
- Expanded explanations bring out each books' main points
- Detailed outlines provide guidance for studying the text
- Additional cross references enhance insights into the text.
- An exclusive subject based topical chain reference system that enables readers to follow major themes throughout the entirety of Scripture
- Over 100 boxed factual articles and lists that put a wealth of fascinating information at the reader's fingertips
- Expanded introductions included detailed outlines of each book
- Study note biblical references are now in the familiar chapter and verse format
- Bottom of the page study notes permit quick retrieval of interesting data
- Over 550 in text definitions of proper nouns locate place name references and explain the meaning of personal names in their original language
- Striking new page design and crisp typeface make reading easy on the eyes
- Nearly 70 in text black and white maps and charts help orient the reader to geographical references in the biblical text
- Nearly 250 notes crucial to understanding the Scofield (including all notes on Dispensations, Covenants, and Summary notes) are now featured as in text articles, making them easier to locate and read
- Sectional headings have been added for ease in following God's guiding hand in human history
- New indexes to Proper nouns, chain references and subject
- 16 pages of accurate, full color Oxford Bible Maps (with index of places and natural features) that illustrate the biblical world
- Ribbon marker
- Words of Jesus in red
- Attractive basketweave black & burgundy design
- Presentation page
- Gold page edges, thumb-indexed
- 9-point text size
- 9.50" x 6.75" x 1.50"
|Format: Bonded Leather|
Number of Pages: 1968
Vendor: Oxford University Press
Publication Date: 2004
Dimensions: 9.5 X 6.75 X 1.75 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
References: Center Column
|Text Layout: Double Column|In-Text Maps/Charts|
Text Color: Red Letter
Text Size: 8 Point
Note Size: 8 Point
Thumb Index: Yes
Ribbon Marker: Yes
Page Gilding: Gold
Other Customers Also Purchased
A Memorial Celebration: D. James Kennedy, Ph.D., DVDTruth in Action / DVD$0.99 Retail:
$8.00Save 88% ($7.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW6013683
My Utmost for His Highest, Updated Edition in Today's EnglishOswald ChambersDiscovery House / 1992 / Hardcover$9.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 21 Reviews
$15.99Save 38% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW39571Video
KJV Old Scofield Genuine Cowhide, Black KJV Old Scofield ClassicOxford University Press / 2000 / Genuine Leather$49.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 156 Reviews
$75.00Save 33% ($25.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW74695
The Scofield Study Bible III, NIV, Black Genuine Leather Indexed 1984Oxford University Press / 2005 / Genuine Leather$44.49 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 26 Reviews
$65.00Save 32% ($20.51)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW280164
NIV Scofield Study Bible III Bonded Leather Black, Indexed 1984Oxford University Press / 2004 / Bonded Leather$34.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 26 Reviews
$49.99Save 30% ($15.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW280024
KJV Scofield Study Bible III, Black Bonded Leather, Thumb-IndexedOxford University Press / 2003 / Bonded Leather$34.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 45 Reviews
$49.99Save 30% ($15.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW5278526
This black-burgundy basketweave edition combines the renowned Scofield® study notes and reference system with the historic King James Version translation with thumb indexing. Generations of Bible students have chosen the Scofield® Study Bibles for its unique study and reference features. Clean, clear text and annotations are laid out in an easy-to-read format, guiding readers to a fuller understanding of the Bible.
The Scofield® Study Bible III KJV includes cross references that link topics and words together, introductions to the various books of the Bible, a superb system of chain references, the concordance, study notes, charts and diagrams, a subject and a proper name index, and much more.
HarryBlackwood,N.J.Age: Over 65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5none betterApril 24, 2015HarryBlackwood,N.J.Age: Over 65Gender: maleQuality: 0Value: 0Meets Expectations: 1This bible has been given out by me multiple times and I will keep on giving them out. I believe this bible will save anybody who wants to know GOD. THE BIBLE IS THE WORD OF GOD.
Snyder's SoapboxFruitland, IdahoAge: 35-44Gender: Male4 Stars Out Of 5Oxford University Press, King James Version, Scofield Study Bible III, Red Letter Edition, in Burgundy Genuine Leather, with indexes, Model 524RRL.April 10, 2015Snyder's SoapboxFruitland, IdahoAge: 35-44Gender: MaleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4I received the Oxford University Press King James Version Scofield Study Bible III in the mail gratis from Oxford, for the purpose of review. It was shipped in a cardboard box with paper packing.
It arrived safe and sound, with no damage. Inside the shipping box, was the retail box. It is a two piece box, with a clear plastic window in it. It is sturdy enough to retain for storing the Bible in. Inside the retail box, the Bible is wrapped in plastic wrap.
This Bible is burgundy in color, and is listed as genuine leather. It feels like pigskin leather. It is hard and shiny like pigskin leather. Upon opening it, I was struck with a strong odor. It smelled strongly, and not in a pleasant way. I have had it opened for a few days now, and the smell has dissipated quite a bit.
There is a groove around the perimeter, and on the inside there is a gilt line. This Bible has a decorative head and tail band.
It also has a gold/yellow colored ribbon marker.
The spine and corners of this Bible are rounded. The thumb indexes are pretty typical of other thumb indexes.
Some people love them, I dont really use them. This Bible is printed and bound in Korea. They seem to be the new middle of the pack printers as far as quality and price go. Most of the Korean made Bibles are a good value. They arent as well made as the Jongbloed Bibles, and they arent near as expensive either. They far exceed the quality of the Chinese made Bibles and are generally about a third to twice the cost. In my opinion, it is worth it to spend the extra money. The Chinese quality is so hit or miss, it is ridiculous. This Bible seems to be pretty well made. The binding is sewn and the leather is decent grade pigskin genuine leather.
I am pretty pleased with all of the features this Bible has for the price. It seems to be a good value. The presentation and family records pages are attractive compared to most. They are printed on a textured, colored paper. They look fancy compared to the plain paper ones, and they take ink better than the glossy paper in others.
There is a lot of articles, cross references, their version of chain references, maps, footnotes, and other helps dispersed throughout this Bible. Book introductions at the beginning of each book are just enough information without being information overload. The Bible is a bit thicker than some study Bibles, but not near as large as others, like the ESV Study Bible. I think they made a decent compromise between features and size. Sometimes it seems there is never enough in a study Bible to please some customers, and if there were, it would be so large they couldnt carry it. A good editor is a must. The paper is opaque enough so that ghosting is minimal. The 9 point font is inked uniformly and printed clearly, to contrast well with the paper. The layout is double column, verse format, with side column references in the gutter and margin, notes are at the bottom of the page. The text that is in red is also printed uniform, and clean. The verse numbers are in black regardless of whether or not they precede black text or red.
The page edges are gold gilt. There is a large, useful concordance, and 12 color maps in the end of this Bible.
Here is what Oxford says about this Bible on their product page;
Packed with new supplementary materials, each Scofield Study Bible is durable and made to withstand daily use. Each volume includes a presentation page for gift giving, a full-color map section, and attractive binding in a variety of styles to suit any occasion.
This burgundy genuine leather edition combines the renowned Scofield study notes and reference system with the historic King James Version translation. Generations of Bible students have chosen the Scofield Study Bibles for its unique study and reference features. Clean, clear text and annotations are laid out in an easy-to-read format, guiding readers to a fuller understanding of the Bible.
The Scofield Study Bible III KJV includes cross references that link topics and words together, introductions to the various books of the Bible, a superb system of chain references, the concordance, study notes, charts and diagrams, a subject and a proper name index, and much more.
* An exclusive, subject-based topical chain reference system.
* Over 100 boxed factual articles and lists.
* Expanded introductions with detailed outlines of each book.
* An expanded Subject index.
* Study not biblical references are in chapter-and-verse format.
* Side-column references are grouped by chapter and verse.
* Over 550 in-text definitions of proper nouns for people and place names.
* Nearly 70 in-text black and white maps and charts.
* In-text articles of nearly 250 notes crucial to understanding the Scofield.
* Indexes to Proper Nouns, Chain References, and Subjects.
* 16 pages of accurate, full color New Oxford Bible Maps (with index of places and natural features).
* Bottom-of-the-page study notes.
* Sectional headings.
* Select KJV Concordance.
* Red Letter.
Hutchens5 Stars Out Of 5Bible ReviewJanuary 27, 2015HutchensQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I bought this for my husband. He needed a good study Bible and he is very happy with this one. Great product for a great price!
?5 Stars Out Of 5NKJB ReviewJanuary 5, 2015?Quality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Beautiful and precise.
MaggieKennebunk, MaineAge: 35-44Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Great KJV BibleDecember 31, 2014MaggieKennebunk, MaineAge: 35-44Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Scofield III Study Bible is my personal favorite. I have used it for many years now. I bought this Bible a new Christian who was exited about learning and growing in God's word.