- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Read through the entire King James Bible in a year—and enjoy the classic prayer-themed writings along the way—with The Andrew Murray 365-Day Devotional Bible. Each day’s reading features an Old Testament passage, a New Testament passage, and a selection from the Psalms or Proverbs, plus an inspiring devotional reading from Murray’s most treasured works. Spend a year with this deluxe daily devotional Bible—it could change your life! Approx. 8.75" X 5.50"
|Format: Imitation Leather|
Number of Pages: 1262
Vendor: Barbour Books
Publication Date: 2013
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.38 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
The KJV God Calling 365-Day Devotional Bible--tan/ burgundyBarbour Books / 2013 / Imitation Leather$9.99 Retail:
$29.99Save 67% ($20.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW162343
Read through the entire King James Bible in a year—and enjoy the classic prayer-themed writings along the way—with The Andrew Murray 365-Day Devotional Bible. Each day’s reading features an Old Testament passage, a New Testament passage, and a selection from the Psalms or Proverbs, plus an inspiring devotional reading from Murray’s most treasured works. Spend a year with this deluxe daily devotional Bible—it could change your life!
Floyd JohnsonUpstate NYAge: 55-65Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5Andrew Murray Still Speaks to Our WorldAugust 19, 2013Floyd JohnsonUpstate NYAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4This is one of the best devotional Bibles that I have seen. A number of features help it stand out:
1. It allows the reader to read the entire Bible in a year. Each daily entry consists of an Old Testament passage, a New Testament passage, and a selection from the Psalms or Proverbs.
2. Also included is a short excerpt from the writings of Andrew Murray.
3. The Bible Dictionary included as an appendix adds value to the book.
I have three concerns:
1. The use of the KJV - Though I know that the KJV is love by many, I would have prefered a more modern translation. This issue can be overcome by having a second translation nearby from which to read the selected passages.
2. An index is needed to key particular Bible versus to the day of the year where it can be found. This would be especially helpful given that the Old Testament, New Testament, and Psalms and Proverbs readings are intermingled throughout the book. This becomes a small problem if the reader is familiar with the order of the Bible books - something I fear may not be true for a new believer.
3. The readings chosen from Andrew Murray are not keyed to the day's Bible passages. For example, January 1st has readings (as expected) from Genesis 1, Matthew 1, and Psalm 1. However, the passage quoted from Andrew Murray is based on Daniel 6:10. Again, an index might help alleviate this problem, allowing the reader to find a passage in context as he or she reads Andrew Murray's devotional thoughts.
I continue to find Andrew Murray's reading to be inspiring - drawing my heart back to the things that are important. When also reading the Bible on a regular basis, the reader's spiritual life is going to be challenged and moved forward. As noted in the title, this Bible is not a scholarly Study Bible, but it is a well-done devotional Bible.
This review is based on a free electronic copy of this book provided by the publisher for the purpose of creating this review. The opinions expressed are mine alone.
Other Customers Also Purchased
The KJV Henry Morris Study Bible, Imitation leather, brownNew Leaf Publishing / 2012 / Imitation Leather$46.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 41 Reviews
$69.99Save 33% ($23.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW516942
Praying the Scriptures: Using God's Word to Effect Change in All of Life's SituationsJudson CornwallCharisma House / 2008 / Trade Paperback$11.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$14.99Save 20% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW792910