KJV 1611 Bible, Deluxe Edition, Genuine Leather Hardcover, Black
- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- Ancient Manuscripts
- Author's Translation
- Biblia Textual
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- GNT-Good News Translation
- Living Bible
- NAB-New American Bible
- NABRE-New American Bible Revised Edition
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NBD-Nueva Biblia al Dia
- NCV-New Century Version
- NET-New English Translation
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- REB-Revised English Bible
- RVR-Reina Valera
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- With Apocrypha
- MEV-Modern English Version
- NLV-New Life Version
- Helps & Features▼▲
- Book Introductions
- Book Outlines
- Character Profiles
- Family Record Page
- Gilded Edges
- Gold Gilding
- Harmony of the Gospels
- Magnetic Flap
- Note Pages
- Other Helps
- Plan of Salvation
- Presentation Page
- Ribbon Marker
- Self-Pronouncing Text
- Silver Gilding
- Snap Flap
- Table of Weights & Measures
- Thumb Index
- Topical Index
- Two or More Ribbon Markers
- w / Apocrypha / Deuterocanonicals
- Media Type▼▲
- Text Color▼▲
- Text Layout▼▲
- Text Size▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
A special Bible for collectors, for students, and for everyone who cherishes the King James Version.
For nearly 400 years, the Authorized Version of the Bible-popularly known as the King James Version-has been beloved for its majestic phrasing and stately cadences. No other book has so profoundly influenced our language and our theology.
Over time, however, the text has suffered subtle and occasionally troublesome alterations. This attractive edition preserves the original 1611 edition. Word for word and page for page, the text with its original marginal notes, preface (“The Translators to the Reader”), and other introductory material appear as they first did. The sole concession to modernity is a far more readable roman typeface set by nineteenth-century master printers.
Elegantly bound with old-world quality craftsmanship, this is the perfect edition of the incomparable King James Version for study and for sheer enjoyment.
- Word-for-word facsimile of the original 1611 Authorized Version
- Handsome page design with clearer modern type and decorative initials is convenient to read and reference
- The text is complete with the Apocrypha, plus the original preface and translators' notes. Alfred Pollard's classic essay on pre-1611 English translations and the history of the Authorized Version is also included
- Original margin notes
- Deluxe leather-bound hardcover binding featuring embossed cross design
- Gold page edges
- Two ribbon markers
- 8-point text size
- 8.50" x 5.50" x 1.25"
—John R. Kohlenberger III, author or co-editor of more than three dozen biblical reference books and study Bibles
|Format: Genuine Leather|
Number of Pages: 1536
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 2007
Dimensions: 8.75 X 5.50 X 1.50 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
References: Side Column
Text Layout: Double Column
Text Size: 8 Point
KJV 1611 Bible 400th Anniversary Edition Genuine Leather, BlackHendrickson Publishers / Genuine Leather$52.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 38 Reviews
$79.95Save 34% ($26.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW631625
KJV 1611 Bible 400th Anniversary Edition, HardcoverHendrickson Publishers / Hardcover$21.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 69 Reviews
$39.95Save 45% ($17.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW631609
400th Anniversary Edition
For 400 years, the Authorized Version of the Biblepopularly known as the King James Versionhas been beloved for its majestic phrasing and stately cadences. No other book has so profoundly influenced our language and our theology. Over time, however, the text has suffered subtle and occasionally troublesome alterations. This edition preserves the original 1611 printing. Word for word and page for page, the text with its original marginal notes, preface, and other introductory material appears as it first did. The sole concession to modernity is a far more readable roman typeface set by nineteenth-century master printers.
"A valuable and essential addition to every Bible library."
John R. Kohlenberger III
• Original preface and translators notes
• Alfred Pollard's classic essay on pre-1611 English translations and the history of the Authorized Version
• New essays on the enduring impact of the KJV and the Apocrypha
• Handsome page design with decorative initials
• Page-edge gilding and ribbon marker (genuine leather only)
• Clear type is convenient to read and reference
• Special logo on book spine and packaging commemorates the 400th Anniversary
• Includes the Apocrypha
Nelly5 Stars Out Of 5HappyDecember 29, 2014NellyQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I gave this to my boyfriend for Christmas and he loved it. We are both pleased. :)
none5 Stars Out Of 51611 KJV BibleDecember 26, 2014noneQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Beautiful enjoy reading it
A2 Stars Out Of 51611 KjV bibleDecember 19, 2014ANot worth 60 dollars
Emily Edwards5 Stars Out Of 5Best Bible EverDecember 13, 2014Emily EdwardsQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This Bible is the best Bible I've ever read. I'm learning so much more than I ever knew what in the Bible. These newer versions are so watered down compared to this Bible. I'll never be able to read any other version again.
Bible LoverHagerstown MdAge: 45-54Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 51611 was a GREAT YEARJune 1, 2014Bible LoverHagerstown MdAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I purchased this Bible for a couple of reasons, the first being that I enjoy collecting and reading older versions of the English Bible. I love the difference in the wording and how it makes me reflect, in a unique way, to the Word of God. The second reason is that I spend a great amount of time examining many modern translations of the Bible, in comparison to the original languages, and have found most to deviate from the intended meaning substantially. This is frustrating to me when I want to relax and prayerfully read the scriptures. This 1611 KJ Bible does not suffer from changes driven by modern copyright laws and denominational persuasion(opinions). The calfskin leather is PLUSH and well put together. The paper is a good grade and the print is well done. The print may seem small for some, but if so, that is why God made Eye Doctors...I have one, and can read this 1611 KJV with incredible enjoyment!
Q: Does this Bible have a ribbon marker?
Yes, this Bible has two ribbon markers.
Q: Is this a regular bible to read or just for studying or just a novelty?
This can be used for either.
The spelling and punctuation is standard for the 1600's. This may make it harder to read, due to the odd spellings for words.
Q: Is this bible printed in USA
Yes, it is printed in the USA
Other Customers Also Purchased
Keil & Delitzsch Commentary on the Old Testament, 10 Volumes: Updated EditionC.F. Keil, F. DelitzschHendrickson Publishers / 1996 / Hardcover$99.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 38 Reviews
$695.00Save 86% ($595.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW73884
Zondervan King James Version Commentary, Old TestamentEdward E. Hindson & Daniel R. Mitchell, eds.Zondervan / 2008 / Hardcover$14.99 Retail:
$39.99Save 63% ($25.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW251392