- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
"In seminars I have conducted over a thirty-year period, I have discovered that the quality most wanted by Americans is happiness. Many of those seminar participants drove to the seminars in luxury cars, and they looked well fed and well dressed. Yet, individually, they often expressed disappointment with life and admitted to having a feeling of emptiness. They wanted, and even felt entitled to, more happiness.
I am one of those who truly believe that the basic answer to happiness is a spiritual one. We are made for God, and as Saint Augustine said, Our hearts are restless til they rest in thee. All parts of our personalities are drawn to wholeness and happiness when Christ is resident within.
In studying the life of Christ, I remembered that although Jesus was a man of sorrow and acquainted with grief, more than anything else he was a person of joy and happiness. Even his purpose in coming into the world is revealed in John 10:10: I came that they might have life and have it abundantly. This abundant life, I believe, is not just in the world to come but in the here and now, where a series of committed choices can cause your spirit to sing."
NELL W. MOHNEY is a popular motivational author and speaker. She has led seminars for business groups, professional organizations, and church gatherings nationwide. Her books include Don't Put a Period Where God Put a Comma; Slay Your Giants; You Can Soar Like an Eagle; From Eve to Esther: Letting Old Testament Women Speak to Us; From Mary to Lydia: Letting New Testament Women Speak to Us; Build your Bounce-back Ability; Running the Marathon of Life; and Just Choose Happiness. Nell is a regular columnist for the Chattanooga Times / Chattanooga Free Press. She lives in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth >> Christian Character & Purpose
- Download >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing Christ
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Start A New Search