- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
In This Series
Add to that exalted series the second part of David Cline's commentary on the book of Job, covering chapters 21-37. Cline's masterful exposition of Job consistently maintains an alertness to both the windings of its arguments and the theological problem it raises, which is the conflict of faith and experience. Let Cline guide you through what he sees as the "most theologically and intellectually intense book of the Old Testament." Gain a measure of Cline's appreciation for the craftsmanship inherent in Job, as he looks at how its author ties together metaphor and theology in a "perenially uplifting and not infrequently euphoric experience."
Overview of the Word Biblical Commentary (WBC) series:
- Theologically moderate/conservative
- Technical (Knowledge of Hebrew is required)
- Designed for students and teachers
- Detailed look at how each element in Job is absolutely necessary
- Brilliant examination of how the interweaving of literary and theological perspectives reveals the richness of Job
- A comprehensive general bibliography, and pericope bibliographies
- Theological and spiritual insights from sermons and popular devotions
- A verse-by-verse exposition that unravels the arguments and identifies the distinctive viewpoints of the speakers in Job
- An explanation of why different English versions of Job have such divergent translations
- Cline's own translations of various passages and speeches
Number of Pages: 560
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2002
Availability: In Stock
Series: Word Biblical Commentary
The WBC is the best-selling multi-volume commentary series on the market today with more than a million volumes in circulation.
WBC authors are all experts in their field and skillfully bring the text to meaning through careful exegesis and exposition. Each WBC contributor creates his own translation based on the best texts and literature available.
The WBC has the largest bibliography of any commentary. To take full advantage of this bibliography, it is uniquely placed at the beginning of every passage being exegeted.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Psalms 101-150, Revised: Word Biblical Commentary [WBC]Leslie C. AllenThomas Nelson / 2002 / Hardcover$28.49 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$44.99Save 37% ($16.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW47734
Deuteronomy 21:10-34:12: Word Biblical Commentary [WBC]Duane ChristensenThomas Nelson / 2002 / Hardcover$35.99 Retail:
$52.99Save 32% ($17.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW1032X
Deuteronomy 1-21:9, Revised and Expanded: Word Biblical Commentary [WBC]Duane L. ChristensenThomas Nelson / 2001 / Hardcover$35.99 Retail:
$52.99Save 32% ($17.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW42201