Jewish Wisdom in the Hellenistic Age: Old Testament Library [OTL]
- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
About the Old Testament Library Series:
The Old Testament Library is one of the most respected commentary series produced in the last 50 years. As with any series that reaches this level of respectability, it is comprehensive in scope while acknowledging that it is not exhaustive. Introductory matters cover historical concerns, cultural issues, the reception of the text, the integrity of the text, and other interpretive issues.
Each commentary provides a verse-by-verse analysis of critical exegetical matters that are then synthesized into a progressively building understanding of the text and interpretation. This includes analysis of problems in history, word meaning, syntactical and grammatical issues, text history, and many other exegetically relevant issues. Nevertheless, despite the breadth of their scope, volumes in teh series remain relatively compact in comparison to series who share its aims and scope.
- Audience: Students, Pastors, and Scholars
- Perspective: Moderate/Liberal (See Author)
- Scripture: Inspired
- General Acceptance of Higher Critical authorship theories, and the reader should be familiar with these type of textual criticism
- Knowledge of Hebrew is not necessary, but a willingness to engage concepts from it will be necessary.
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: Westminster John Knox Press
Publication Date: 1997
Dimensions: 8.8 X 5.8 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Series: Old Testament Library
Old Testament Theology, Vol. 2: Old Testament Library [OTL]Gerhard von RadWestminster John Knox Press / 2001 / Trade Paperback$6.69 Retail:
$50.00Save 87% ($43.31)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW24089
Introduction to the Old Testament: Old Testament Library [OTL]J. Alberto SogginWestminster John Knox Press / 1999 / Trade Paperback$34.49 Retail:
$50.00Save 31% ($15.51)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW21331
Jewish wisdom flourished under Hellenism in the books of Ben Sira and the wisdom of Solomon, as well as in a recently discovered sapiential text from Qumran. In this book, now available as a casebound, internationally known author John Collins presents a compelling description and analysis of these three texts and their continuing wisdom traditions.
The Old Testament Library provides fresh and authoritative treatments of important aspects of Old Testament study through commentaries and general surveys. The contributors are scholars of international standing.
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Early Judaism
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Extra-Biblical Texts >> Dead Sea Scrolls
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Extra-Biblical Texts >> Pseudepigraphic Texts >> Old Testament Era
- Academic >> Commentaries >> Old Testament
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Early Judaism
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Extra-Biblical Texts >> Dead Sea Scrolls
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Extra-Biblical Texts >> Pseudepigraphic Texts >> Old Testament Era
- Books >> Commentaries >> Old Testament
- Start A New Search