In The Jefferson Lies
, controversial historian David Barton puts forward his evidence that seven commonly held beliefs about Thomas Jefferson were actually lies:
- That he was the father of Sally Heming's children
- That he founded a secular university
- That he wrote and edited his own Bible
- That he was a racist who opposed equality
- That he advocated a secular public square through the separation of church and state
- That he detested the clergy
- That he was an atheist, not a Christian
Viewing Jefferson's legacy as tainted by deconstructionism, poststructuralism, modernism, minimalism, and academic collectivism, Barton puts forward an absorbing case for Jefferson as a Christian, American hero.
Unabridged audio CD; approximately 7 hours; 7 CDs; read by Bill Dewees.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.