- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
Jazz Notes is the literary equivalent of a remix CD-cool sound-bytes strategically crafted from Don Miller's classic Blue Like Jazz, combined with brand new material that offers the author's fans an inside look at some of the unforgettable-and outrageous-characters and stories from the original best seller. Jazz Notes captures the essential Don Miller with non-religious reflections on how Don's incredible spiritual odyssey got started; what happened to Don at one of the most liberal colleges in the world to help him experience faith and grace for the first time in his life; a recasting of Don's marvelous "confession booth" story; and how Don discovered the secret to really loving other people-and himself. Jazz Notes includes a bonus audio CD with Don Miller interview.
BLUE LIKE JAZZ Highlight Notes:
- 1 million copies sold
- 45 appearances on the NY Times Bestseller List-and counting
- A publishing phenomenon that continues to sell more books each year it is in the marketplace!
BubbaHobbs, NMAge: 55-65Gender: male2 Stars Out Of 5Not to my likingJanuary 10, 2012BubbaHobbs, NMAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 5I thought it hod Chistian flare somewhere but the contents did meet me needs. Thank you for this opportunity
MaggieMaeSan Jose, CAAge: 55-65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Great giftDecember 2, 2011MaggieMaeSan Jose, CAAge: 55-65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I bought this as a Christmas gift because I had read the book and loved it so much that I wanted to share it.
Neil C Long2 Stars Out Of 5Meh....November 4, 2010Neil C LongI purchased "Jazz Notes" because I like jazz music and the subject sounded interesting. However, I found the book and accompanying CD to be disjointed and bland. The narrator -- who is also the author of the book -- reads it in a dry manner and it often deviates from what's written in the book (probably because he was trying to "improvise" on his book "Blue Like Jazz?). Even though it was an interesting story of how he came to know Christ -- and there was a nice rendition of "Come Thou Fount" -- it's not something I would recommend to the average person.
Sandra Crane5 Stars Out Of 5May 28, 2010Sandra Cranethere is no one like donald miller to say it in todays language for people who are "on the fence" about Christianity. This is a great book to give away to friends who are questioning thier beliefs about God and the church today.
Todd Robertson1 Stars Out Of 5May 12, 2008Todd RobertsonThe quality of the audio CD is not good. The author is the narrator. His delivery is dry and uninspired. The background music is annoying in an 1980s synthesizer sort of way. The music is distracting and clashes with the tone of what is read.
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Download >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Christianity & Culture
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Spiritual Growth
- Start A New Search