James: Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament [ZECNT]-eBook
- All Products
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
Designed for the pastor and Bible teacher, the Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament examines the biblical text in its original environment. Notable evangelical scholars carefully attend to grammatical detail, literary context, rhetorical flow, theological nuance, and historical setting in their interpretation. Critical scholarship informs each step, but does not dominate the commentary, allowing readers to concentrate on the biblical author's message as it unfolds. While primarily designed for those with a basic knowledge of biblical Greek, all who strive to understand and teach the New Testament will find this series beneficial. The general editor for this enterprising series is Clinton E. Arnold.
The following focused sections help readers understand the text:
- Literary Context: Explains how each passage functions within the book
- Main Idea: Summarizes the central message of the passage
- Translation in Graphic Layout: Presents a translation through a diagram that helps readers visualize the flow of thought within the text
- Exegetical Outline: Gives the overall structure of the passage
- Explanation of the Text: Provides interpretive insights into the background and meaning of the text
- Theology in Application: Discusses how the message of the text fits within the book itself and in a broader biblical-theological context, suggesting applications for the church today.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Publication Date: 2009
Availability: In Stock
Series: Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament
Galatians: Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament [ZECNT]Thomas R. Schreiner5 Stars Out Of 5 3 ReviewsSave 31%
Matthew: Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament [ZECNT]-eBookClinton E. Arnold(Ed.)5 Stars Out Of 5 7 ReviewsSave 17%
Matthew: Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament [ZECNT]Grant R. Osborne5 Stars Out Of 5 7 ReviewsSave 43%
James: Zondervan Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament [ZECNT]Craig L. Blomberg, Mariam Karmell5 Stars Out Of 5 2 ReviewsSave 40%
Mariam Kamell is a Ph.D. candidate in New Testament studies at the University of St. Andrews under the direction of Richard Bauckham and Grant MacAskill. She has published several articles on James; her dissertation will focus on soteriology in James in comparison with earlier Jewish wisdom literature and the Gospel of Matthew. Before beginning her PhD, Mariam served as educational director at Scum of the Earth Church in Denver, Colorado.
General Editor: Clinton E. Arnold (Ph.D., University of Aberdeen) is professor of New Testament language and literature at Talbot School of Theology in LaMirada, California.