- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- MP3 Music Downloads
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Number of Pages: 368
Vendor: B&H Books
Publication Date: 2008
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 X 1 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Sherlock Jones, Junior Detective Series #1: The Assassination PlotEd DunlopJourneyforth / 2005 / Trade Paperback$7.19 Retail:
$10.00Save 28% ($2.81)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW215707
Deuteronomy and the Death of Moses: A Theological ReadingDennis T. OlsonWipf & Stock / 2005 / Trade Paperback$27.00Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW520560
Kingdom of Priests: A History of Old Testament Israel, Second EditionEugene H. MerrillBaker Academic / 2008 / Trade Paperback$26.99 Retail:
$39.99Save 33% ($13.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW031990
The Hebrew Bible with CD-ROM: A Socio-Literary IntroductionNorman K. GottwaldFortress Press / 2002 / Trade Paperback$56.25Availability: Expected to ship on or about 11/10/15.CBD Stock No: WW34881
The Old Testament Documents: Are They Reliable and Relevant?Walter C. Kaiser Jr.InterVarsity Press / 2001 / Trade Paperback$13.99 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 1 Reviews
$20.00Save 30% ($6.01)Availability: Expected to ship on or about 10/16/15.CBD Stock No: WW19752
Israel: Ancient Kingdom or Late Invention? is a collection of essays responding to the radical claims that Israel and its history actually began following the Babylonian exile, and that the history of Israel we read about in the Bible is a fictionalized account.
Contributors are leading Bible and archaeology scholars who bring extra-biblical evidence to bear for the historicity of the Old Testament and provide case studies of new work being done in the field of archaeology and Old Testament studies.
Author Bio Questionaire
- Can you tell us a little about yourself and your background?
2. What compelled you to write a book on this subject?
As the organizer of a conference on the Bible and Archaeology at Southern Seminary that featured a dozen world class evangelical scholars, we were convinced the quality of the papers presented needed to be made available to the public.
- What is the main theme or point that you want readers to understand from reading your book? Are there any other themes present in the book?
4. Are there some specific lessons you hope readers will learn and apply to their lives after reading your book?
The Scriptures are indeed a reliable source for understanding the world of ancient Israel, and the importance of understanding that world when we are studying biblical texts.
- Do you have a favorite part of the book or a favorite chapter?
- What makes your book different than any other books similar to yours that are in circulation today?
- How does the book intertwine with God¹s call on your life and how you are currently serving Him?
- Do you have a favorite Scripture verse? What is it and why is it important to you?
Are there any authors that either influenced you personally or influenced your style of writing? Who are they and how did they influence you?
The biblical prophet Ezekiel has probably influenced me more than any other, because of his clear understanding of his audience, his creativity in communicating his message, and his passion for the glory of God. Of modern authors, my mentor Alan Millard has probably influenced me the most. In his writing he combines rigorous research with a gentleness of style that is always modest and respectful, especially when responding to scholars with whom he disagrees.
When you are not writing, what do you like to do? Do you have any hobbies?
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Historical Books
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> OT Socio-Historical Studies
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies >> Ancient Near East
- Academic >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies >> OT Socio-Historical Studies
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> Historical Books
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies >> OT Socio-Historical Studies
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies >> Ancient Near East
- Books >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies >> OT Socio-Historical Studies
- Start A New Search