- All Products
- Media Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
ChristianBook eBooks on the Sony Reader
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your Sony device, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
Without using ADE, the Sony Reader will attempt to open eBooks with its own software, the Reader Library, and you may receive an error message.
To bypass the Sony Reader Library, return to the eBook portion of 'My Account' on our site, and click to download the eBook again.
When the Adobe Digital Editions installer comes up, click on 'Download Item.'
If you are downloading a DRM Protected eBook, you will be prompted to open or save the URLLINK.acsm. Click 'Save'.
Save the file to your Desktop for quick access later.
Right-click on the URLLINK file, then select 'Open With' and choose Adobe Digital Editions.
If Adobe Digital Editions is not in the list, click 'Choose Default Program' and then select Adobe Digital Editions from the list.
Your eBook will open and display in ADE.
Plug in your Sony Reader, which will now display its model number and not just as Sony Reader.
Now just click, drag and drop your eBook onto the Sony Reader icon.
You can now eject your Sony Reader, open up the Books library and your eBook is ready to read.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: B&H Academic
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
Israel: Ancient Kingdom or Late Invention? is a collection of essays responding to the radical claims that Israel and its history actually began following the Babylonian exile, and that the history of Israel we read about in the Bible is a fictionalized account.
Contributors are leading Bible and archaeology scholars who bring extra-biblical evidence to bear for the historicity of the Old Testament and provide case studies of new work being done in the field of archaeology and Old Testament studies.
Author Bio Questionaire
- Can you tell us a little about yourself and your background?
2. What compelled you to write a book on this subject?
As the organizer of a conference on the Bible and Archaeology at Southern Seminary that featured a dozen world class evangelical scholars, we were convinced the quality of the papers presented needed to be made available to the public.
- What is the main theme or point that you want readers to understand from reading your book? Are there any other themes present in the book?
4. Are there some specific lessons you hope readers will learn and apply to their lives after reading your book?
The Scriptures are indeed a reliable source for understanding the world of ancient Israel, and the importance of understanding that world when we are studying biblical texts.
- Do you have a favorite part of the book or a favorite chapter?
- What makes your book different than any other books similar to yours that are in circulation today?
- How does the book intertwine with God¹s call on your life and how you are currently serving Him?
- Do you have a favorite Scripture verse? What is it and why is it important to you?
Are there any authors that either influenced you personally or influenced your style of writing? Who are they and how did they influence you?
The biblical prophet Ezekiel has probably influenced me more than any other, because of his clear understanding of his audience, his creativity in communicating his message, and his passion for the glory of God. Of modern authors, my mentor Alan Millard has probably influenced me the most. In his writing he combines rigorous research with a gentleness of style that is always modest and respectful, especially when responding to scholars with whom he disagrees.
When you are not writing, what do you like to do? Do you have any hobbies?
Find Related Products
- Download >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Socio-Historical Studies
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search