- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: B&H Academic
Publication Date: 2008
Availability: In Stock
Israel: Ancient Kingdom or Late Invention? is a collection of essays responding to the radical claims that Israel and its history actually began following the Babylonian exile, and that the history of Israel we read about in the Bible is a fictionalized account.
Contributors are leading Bible and archaeology scholars who bring extra-biblical evidence to bear for the historicity of the Old Testament and provide case studies of new work being done in the field of archaeology and Old Testament studies.
Author Bio Questionaire
- Can you tell us a little about yourself and your background?
2. What compelled you to write a book on this subject?
As the organizer of a conference on the Bible and Archaeology at Southern Seminary that featured a dozen world class evangelical scholars, we were convinced the quality of the papers presented needed to be made available to the public.
- What is the main theme or point that you want readers to understand from reading your book? Are there any other themes present in the book?
4. Are there some specific lessons you hope readers will learn and apply to their lives after reading your book?
The Scriptures are indeed a reliable source for understanding the world of ancient Israel, and the importance of understanding that world when we are studying biblical texts.
- Do you have a favorite part of the book or a favorite chapter?
- What makes your book different than any other books similar to yours that are in circulation today?
- How does the book intertwine with God¹s call on your life and how you are currently serving Him?
- Do you have a favorite Scripture verse? What is it and why is it important to you?
Are there any authors that either influenced you personally or influenced your style of writing? Who are they and how did they influence you?
The biblical prophet Ezekiel has probably influenced me more than any other, because of his clear understanding of his audience, his creativity in communicating his message, and his passion for the glory of God. Of modern authors, my mentor Alan Millard has probably influenced me the most. In his writing he combines rigorous research with a gentleness of style that is always modest and respectful, especially when responding to scholars with whom he disagrees.
When you are not writing, what do you like to do? Do you have any hobbies?
Other Customers Also Purchased
When God Speaks: How to Interpret Dreams, Visions, Signs and Wonders - eBookChuck D. Pierce, Rebecca Wagner SytsemaChosen Books / 2011 / ePub$8.99 Retail:
$12.99Save 31% ($4.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW66886EB