- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Current Issues Bible Studies
Controversy reveals a struggle for the soul of Islam.
Because of September 11, 2001 and the Iraq war, Americans have had greater exposure to Islam. Many of us find it hard to reconcile the Qur an s teachings on violence and peace. But the Bible s teachings also reflect a similar paradox. In this study, we ll look at attitudes toward peace and violence in our own faith.
Table of Contents
Identify the Current Issue
Discover the Eternal Principles
--Teaching point one: Jesus grants and withholds peace.
--Teaching point two: At times, Jesus speaks about violence without condemning it.
--Teaching point three: Sometimes, Jesus sounds as if he wanted all his followers to become pacifists.
Apply Your Findings
HANDOUT FOR FURTHER STUDY
ARTICLE FROM CHRISTIANITY TODAY
Is Islam a Religion of Peace? , by James A. Beverley (2002)
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Tough Questions
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Search