- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Moody Publishers
Publication Date: 2007
Availability: In Stock
Series: Moody Introduction to the OT
The poetic books of the Old Testament--Job, Psalms, Proverbs, Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon--are often called humankind's reach toward God. The other books of the Old Testament picture God's reach toward man through the redemptive story. Yet these five books reveal the very hear of men and women struggling with monumental issues such as suffering, sin, forgiveness, joy, worship, and the passionate love between a man and woman.
C. Hassell Bullock, a noted Old Testament scholar, delves deep into the hearts of the five poetic books, offering readers helpful details such as harmeneutical considerations for each book, theological content and themes, detailed analysis of each book, and cultural perspectives.
Hebrew is a language of "intrinsic musical quality that naturally supports poetic expression," says Bullock in his introduction. That poetic expression comes from the heart of the Old Testament writers and reaches all of us exactly where we are in our own struggles and joys.
He is the author of An Introduction to the Old Testament Prophetic Books, Encountering the Book of Psalms, An Introduction to the Old Testament Prophetic Books, and An Introduction to the Old Testament Poetic Books.
Dr. Bullock resides in Wheaton, Illinois.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Safari Farm: DuckSafari LTD / Other$2.54 Retail:
$2.99Save 15% ($0.45)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW233229
Find Related Products
- Download >> Biblical Studies
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Reference
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- Download >> eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies
- eBooks >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Biblical Studies >> Genre Introductions
- eBooks >> Bible Reference >> OT & NT Introductions >> Biblical Studies >> OT Introductions
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> OT & NT Introductions
- eBooks >> Biblical Studies >> Old Testament Studies
- Start A New Search