Hailed by J.I. Packer as "something of a landmark," Intimate Allies
honestly and sensitively probes the state of marriage today. Combining their distinct expertise in biblical studies and counseling, Allender and Longman address five questions in the marriage relationship:
- Who are we as husbands and wives?
- What are our roles as husbands and wives?
- How will we work together as husbands and wives?
- How do we experience the deepest, most profound intimacy of body and soul?
- How do we, two sinners, learn to live with each other?
Each question is thoroughly explored by:
- presenting a slice-of-life story of a couple struggling with the issue
- exploring what the Creation story says about God's design of marriage
- examining other biblical passages and integrating the biblical principles into your marriage through discussion questions
- returning to the slice-of-life story and showing how the couple begins to move towards marriage wholeness as they understand and apply the biblical principles
In Intimate Allies, counselor Dan Allender and theologian Tremper Longman III merge their minds and skills to strip away cultural expectations and takes a fresh look at God's design for the marriage relationship. The authors focus on five foundations taken from Genesis 1-3 and include an extensive review of other biblical passages on marriage. Each section begins with a real-life story concerning an unresolved marriage issue and concludes with the same story built on the foundation of a godly marriage. With eloquence and wisdom, Intimate Allies will challenge readers to move their marriages out of the mundane and into the fulfilling and enriching experiences God intended.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.