Interpretation and Application: The Preacher's Toolbox
Email me when this product is available.
- Media Type▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This collection of short interviews, essays, and sermons is from today's best known preacher's including Jeffrey Arthurs, Haddon Robinson, Joshua Harris, David Jackman, and John Henry Beukema.
The first section addresses important ways to ensure that your sermon doesn't ignore or mishandle God's word. Chapters such as Let the Text Question Your Framework, and Preaching the Melodic Line emphasize the importance of biblical truth over personal style or opinion, and focus on drawing out the deeper themes within Scripture.
The second half addresses how the Bible intersects with real life, because application is about explaining, equipping, and truly speaking to the hearts of the congregation. Chapters like Blending Bible Content and Life Application and Sermon Application in a Post-Christian Culture address how to preach accurately from the Bible, while still having a regard for the listener's life questions and level of spiritual maturity.
"The Preacher's Toolbox" series is designed to provide guidance on the essential elements of a variety of preaching forms and preparation to those in the pulpit--professionals and laypersons alike.
Book three of the series focuses on one of the most important foundations for sound sermons: the importance of approaching scripture with an accurate understanding of the historical text along with the ability to speak in new and powerful ways in a contemporary setting.
In other words, how does one best make ancient biblical texts pertinent to the 21st century listener while maintaining the integrity of the scripture?
Articles separated into two sections include
- "Preaching Parables," Craig Blomberg
- "Soul Sermons from Psalms," Ken Smith
- "Speak to the Rock," John Beukema
- "Let the Text Question Your Framework," David Jackman
- "Preaching the Melodic Line," Dick Lucas
- ""We" Preaching and "You" Preaching," Haddon Robinson
- "The Place of Pastoral Wisdom in Application," Timothy Warren
- "The Listener's Agenda," Bryan Chapell
- "Riveting Sermons," Jeffrey Arthurs
- "Specific Application," Joshua Harris
Other Customers Also Purchased
Pure Pleasure: Why Do Christians Feel So Bad About Feeling Good? - Slightly ImperfectZondervan / 2009 / Trade Paperback$3.99 Retail:
$14.99Save 73% ($11.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW290803DA
The Attack on Jesus, DVDTruth in Action / DVD$2.99 Retail:
$10.00Save 70% ($7.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW722186
Christian Beliefs: Twenty Basics Every Christian Should KnowWayne GrudemZondervan / 2005 / Trade Paperback$9.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 11 Reviews
$14.99Save 33% ($5.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW55993
The Bible Explorer Series: Search for Noah's Ark--DVDBMG / DVD$2.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$12.95Save 77% ($9.96)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW316814Video
|Email me when this product is available.|
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Theology >> Practical Theology >> Preaching
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation
- Books >> Closeouts
- Books >> Theology >> Practical Theology >> Preaching
- Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation
- Closeouts >> Academic
- Closeouts >> Books
- Closeouts >> Church & Pastoral
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search