- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
This beautiful new jacketed cloth volume features:
- An eight-page, four-color insert on coated stock, including a frontispiece featuring the title page of the original publication and a timeline of the Reformation and of John Calvin's life
- Two ribbon markers
- Gold foil and embossing
Number of Pages: 1100
Vendor: Hendrickson Publishers
Publication Date: 2009
|Dimensions: 9 X 6 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Calvin's Institutes of the Christian Religion on CD-ROMJohn CalvinWestminster John Knox Press / 2008 / Compact disc$17.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$80.00Save 78% ($62.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW231705
John Calvin: Man of God's Word, Written and PreachedJohn CalvinBanner of Truth / 2011 / Trade Paperback$8.99 Retail:
$11.00Save 18% ($2.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW711211
This limited edition of John Calvins Reformation classic, Institutes of the Christian Religion, commemorates the 500th anniversary of Calvins birth in 1509.
This beautiful new jacketed cloth volume features:
• An eight-page, four-color insert on coated stock, including a frontispiece featuring the title page of the original publication and a timeline of the Reformation and of John Calvins life
• Two ribbon markers
• Gold foil and embossing
The word "Institutes" would be better translated as "Principles of the Christian Faith" or "Instruction in the Christian Faith." The book was in¬tended as an elementary manual for general readers who wanted to know something about the evangelical faith. The first part of the title expressed this aim: "The Principles of the Christian Faith, containing almost the whole sum of godliness and whatever it is necessary to know about saving doctrine." Calvin later wrote that, when he undertook the work, "all I had in mind was to hand on some elementary teaching by which anyone who had been touched by an interest in religion might be formed to true godliness. I labored at the task especially for our own Frenchmen, for I saw that many were hungering and thirsting after Christ and yet that only a very few had any real knowledge of him."
John Calvin (1509-1564) the French theologian and reformer was persecuted as a protestant. As a result, he traveled from place to place. In 1534 at Angouleme he began the work of systematizing protestant thought in the Institutes of the Christian Religion, one of the most influential theological works of all time.
MikePasadena, MDAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Required ReadingAugust 27, 2014MikePasadena, MDAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This book should be required reading for anyone serious about their Christianity. As to the book itself, the deluxe edition was well worth the few extra dollars paid. Everything about the book is first rate.
HauthangAge: 25-34Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5June 17, 2013HauthangAge: 25-34Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 4Meets Expectations: 5This is a great book, comes with two string page markers so you can leave a marker on the content and the other on the page you left off.
kennysan antonio, txAge: 18-24Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5excellent resourceMay 3, 2013kennysan antonio, txAge: 18-24Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This is a great resource for all Christians. From history to information still needed today, it is a must read.
doulosFloridaAge: 45-54Gender: male4 Stars Out Of 5March 29, 2013doulosFloridaAge: 45-54Gender: maleQuality: 4Value: 4Meets Expectations: 4A timeless classic, quality constructed, an outstanding value and prized addition to my private collection.
Jim TFort Wayne, INAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Very SatisfiedMarch 29, 2013Jim TFort Wayne, INAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I use Christainbooks.com for all my purchases. I have had excellent service and have been more than satisfied with every aspect of doing business with them.
Q: Is this book smyth-sewn or glued?
This book is glued.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Quality Research Papers: For Students of Religion and Theology, Third EditionNancy Jean Vyhmeister, Terry Dwain RobertsonZondervan / 2014 / Trade Paperback$13.99 Retail:
$19.99Save 30% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW514022
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Academic >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Reformed & Presbyterianism
- Academic >> Theology >> Historical Theology >> Reformation Era Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Systematic Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Reformed Theology
- Books >> Church History >> Historical Theology
- Books >> Church History >> Movements & Traditions >> Reformed & Presbyterianism
- Books >> Closeouts
- Books >> Theology >> Historical Theology >> Reformation Era Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Systematic Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Theological Movements & Traditions >> Reformed Theology
- Closeouts >> Academic
- Closeouts >> Books
- Start A New Search