- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Single Living Bible Study
Perhaps it seems like everyone in the world is married except for you. Maybe you feel that if you see one more happy couple at the movies, in church, while you re trying to do your grocery shopping you will scream. Though you re attempting to trust God, you cannot understand why he won t grant this strong desire.
Take heart you are not alone. God has not abandoned you; rather he is calling you to listen and learn what he wants to teach you in this season of your life.
Still, you may wonder, how can I prevent myself from falling into self-pity? What can I focus on so as to avoid fixating on my single state? Is it possible to remain pure and defeat sexual temptation? How can I make the most of this time?
Table of Contents
SCRIPTURE: Deuteronomy 5:6 21; Romans 12:1 8; 1 Corinthians 6:12 20; Ephesians 5:1 2, 15 17; Philippians 4:4 13
Identify the Current Issue
Discover the Eternal Principles
--Teaching point one: Cultivate contentment and thankfulness to combat self-pity and covetousness.
--Teaching point two: When faced with the challenge of sexual temptation, remember God s purposes for sex and his ownership of our bodies.
--Teaching point three: Embrace this season of life as a time to actively develop your gifts and talents and pursue opportunities to serve others.
Apply Your Findings
ARTICLE FROM TODAY S CHRISTIAN
The Singles Challenge, by Margaret Feinberg (2004 )
This study is 14 printed pages.
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Other Customers Also Purchased
A Single s Guide to God - Word Document [Download]Christianity Today InternationalChristianity Today / 2009 / Word Document$4.95Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW1709DF
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Relationships
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Relationships
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Relationships
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search