- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 96
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 1999
|Dimensions: 8.50 X 5.50 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Reading the Bible with the Dead: What You Can Learn from the History of Exegesis That You Can't Learn from Exegesis AloneJohn L. ThompsonWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2007 / Trade Paperback$17.99 Retail:
$26.00Save 31% ($8.01)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW807533
Imperfect Peace is a collection of nine sermons--with a preface--on major controversial topics that trouble Christian pulpits in our era: divorce, homosexuality, God's wrath, dishonesty, and other issues.
CONTENTS 1. "Whoever Divorces" (Matthew 5:31­32; 19:3­9) 2. "Women Should Be Silent in the Churches" (1 Corinthians 14:26­40; 1 Timothy 2:8­15) 3. "Uneasy Peace" (Genesis 31:44­55) 4. "To Lie With a Male as With a Woman" (Leviticus 18:19­30; Acts 8:26­40) 5. "The Revenge of Dinah's Honor" (Genesis 34; Matthew 5:38­48) 6. "No One Comes to the Father Except Through Me" (John 14:1­7) 7. "The Flood" (Genesis 6--8; Isaiah 41:4b­10) 8. "Can't I Do Anything Right?" (Isaiah 64:1­9) 9. "Blessed Are the Clever?" (Luke 16:1­9) These nine sermons deal respectively with Divorce, Exclusion in the Church, The Problem of Mistrust, Homosexuality, Vengeance and Forgiveness, Universalism, God's Wrath, The Pervasiveness of Sin, and Dishonesty.
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Bible Reference >> General >> Hard Sayings
- Books >> Bible Reference >> General >> Hard Sayings
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> General
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> General
- Books >> Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation
- Church & Pastoral >> General
- Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> General
- Church & Pastoral >> Preaching >> Sermon Preparation
- Start A New Search