- Books of the Bible▼▲
- Group or Individual Study▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Number of Lessons▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Current Issues Bible Studies
We've come to think our faith is about comfort. It's not.
Repenting from sins may not be our favorite way of passing time, but it is necessary. Former Christianity Today columnist Frederica Mathewes-Green says that caring is fine, but being a Christian also involves preaching and practicing repentance. In this study based on the life of David, we will see what it looks like.
Table of Contents
Identify the Current Issue
Discover the Eternal Principles
--Teaching point one: It takes an instant to decide to repent.
--Teaching point two: The process of repentance requires an ever greater understanding of ourselves as sinners and of the cleansing we need.
--Teaching point three: One sinner's repentance benefits many sinners.
--Teaching point four: What does Christian spirituality look like and feel like?
Apply Your Findings
HANDOUT FOR FURTHER STUDY
ARTICLE FROM CHRISTIANITY TODAY
Whatever Happened to Repentance, by Frederica Mathewes-Green (2002)
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects >> Tough Questions
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Biblical Subjects
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Search