- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
|Format: Word Document|
Vendor: Christianity Today
Publication Date: 2009
|Availability: In Stock|
Series: Movie Discussion Guide Bible Study
A drama about a beautiful blind dancer torn between revolution and true love.
Tales of love span the history of storytelling, such as Abraham and Sarah, David and Bathsheba, Antony and Cleopatra, Heloise and Abelard, Arthur and Guinevere, Romeo and Juliet, and so many more. They are tales of confrontation and consequence, comprising the most basic human drama: the struggle between heart and mind. This study will explore the themes of love, courage, and loyalty in House of Flying Daggers.
Discussing the Scenes *Bonus Material: DVD Scenes to Watch*
--Courage Against the Odds
(Psalm 31:24; Acts 23:11; Daniel 3:16 17, 6:10 16)
--Devotion to a Higher Ideal
(Acts 6:4; James 1:5 7; 1 Corinthians 16:15 18; Philippians 1:20 26; Titus 3:14)
--When the Heart Rules the Mind
(Proverbs 12:25; 13:12; Ecclesiastes 10:2; Romans 2:29; 1 Corinthians 4:5, 13:4 7)
As the Credits Roll
House of Flying Daggers (Sony Pictures Classics, 2004), rated PG-13.
Photo © Copyright Sony Pictures Classics
You have permission to make up to 1,000 copies for use in your local church.
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Start A New Search