Learn to Read Second Grade Level 1 is designed to help kids learn the building blocks of reading to help them become confident readers. It teaches: silent e, long vowels, vowel digraphs, and -r controlled vowels.
Designed in conjunction with leading educators, award-winning authors, teachers and parents, the new Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read gives children the fundamentals to become confident readers. The instructional approach and techniques used in this program are based on research and address each stage of the child's reading development. Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read systematically builds from introducing letters to sounds, then to words and sentences, incorporating more complex sounds and blends with each step. Our program is:
- Developed using research on phonics, phonemic awareness and oral language, alphabetic knowledge and print awareness.
- Based on our learn-practice-read approach and systematic phonics instruction and now with multisensory materials.
- Built on the premise of a learning arc. Children learn to read at different stages of their development. As a result, the Learn to Read program is broken up into an educational arc that addresses each stage of the child's reading development
- Developed in conjunction with leading educators, renowned children's authors, and parents.
Each lesson is designed to take about 20 minutes a day. Features leveled learning activities and storybooks featuring targeted vocabulary.Designed for children ages 7 to 8.
Number of Pages: 30
Vendor: Hooked on Phonics
Publication Date: 2009
Dimensions: 8.50 X 11.50 X 1.25 (inches)
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Series: Hooked on Phonics
- Teaches Silent e, Long vowels, Vowel digraphs and -r controlled vowels.
- Includes engaging phonics-based activities, music videos, and online games.
- Designed for children ages 7 to 8.
- The perfect companion for Learn to Read Second Grade Level 2.