- All Products
- Accompaniment Tracks
- Bible Accessories
- Bible Covers
- Bible Studies & Curriculum
- Buy in Bulk
- Christian Living
- Church & Pastoral
- Church Supplies
- Clothing & Accessories
- Crafts & Recreation
- eBooks On Sale
- Gift & Home
- Last Chance Bargains
- New Release
- Slightly Imperfect
- Sunday School
Learn to Read Second Grade Level 1 is designed to help kids learn the building blocks of reading to help them become confident readers. It teaches: silent e, long vowels, vowel digraphs, and -r controlled vowels.
Designed in conjunction with leading educators, award-winning authors, teachers and parents, the new Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read gives children the fundamentals to become confident readers. The instructional approach and techniques used in this program are based on research and address each stage of the child's reading development. Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read systematically builds from introducing letters to sounds, then to words and sentences, incorporating more complex sounds and blends with each step. Our program is:
- Developed using research on phonics, phonemic awareness and oral language, alphabetic knowledge and print awareness.
- Based on our learn-practice-read approach and systematic phonics instruction and now with multisensory materials.
- Built on the premise of a learning arc. Children learn to read at different stages of their development. As a result, the Learn to Read program is broken up into an educational arc that addresses each stage of the child's reading development
- Developed in conjunction with leading educators, renowned children's authors, and parents.
Each lesson is designed to take about 20 minutes a day. Features leveled learning activities and storybooks featuring targeted vocabulary.Designed for children ages 7 to 8.
Number of Pages: 30
Vendor: Hooked on Phonics
Publication Date: 2009
Dimensions: 8.50 X 11.50 X 1.25 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Series: Hooked on Phonics
Other Customers Also Purchased
Wordly Wise 3000 Student Book Grade 3, 3rd EditionKenneth Hodkinson, Sandra AdamsEducators Publishing Service / Trade Paperback$8.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 5 Reviews
$12.45Save 28% ($3.46)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW379603
Hooked On Phonics: Learn To Read First Grade Level 1Hooked on Phonics / 2009 / Trade Paperback$29.99 Retail:
$39.99Save 25% ($10.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW991444
Word Building PACE 1012, Grade 1 (4th Edition)Accelerated Christian Education / 2015 / Trade Paperback$2.90Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW6401412
English PACE SCORE Key 1011, Grade 1Accelerated Christian Education / Trade Paperback$2.70Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW6011569Video
BJU Math 2 Student Worktext 4th EditionBJU Press / 2016 / Trade Paperback$25.56Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW299677
Learning About God Student Manual (Kindergarten K5)Positive Action for Christ / Trade Paperback$14.95Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW570615
- Level 1: All About Letters (Pre-K)
- Level 2: All About Letters (Pre-K)
- Level 3: Word Families (Kindergarten)
- Level 4: Word Families (Kindergarten)
- Level 5: Beginning Phonics (First Grade)
- Level 6: Beginning Phonics (First Grade)
- Level 7: Second Grade Level 1
- Level 8: Second Grade Level 2
Designed to help your child learn the building blocks of reading, Learn to Read- Second Grade Level 1 covers:
- 1st Grade Review
- Long Vowel Sounds with "e"
- Vowel Teams
- "r"-controlled Words
- "y" at the End of a Word
- Two-Syllable Words
- 18 New Sight Words
This set includes:
- 3 Original Storybooks written to reinforce the skills your child learns in the program
- Kate and the Talent Show
- My Giant Bunny
- How Do We Get There from Here?
- 1 Bonus Book, Smart Shark, by the award-winning children's book author Michelle Knudsen
- 1 Workbook that will guide you and your child through all of the lessons and many fun activities
- 1 DVD filled with music videos and fun introductions to each lesson, where letters come to life
- 1 Set of Stickers to proudly display in the workbooks and celebrate reading success
- 1 Quick Start Guide
Designed in conjunction with leading educators, award-winning authors, teachers and parents, Hooked on Phonics® Learn to Read uses a proven, simple, and fun method to give your child a strong foundation in phonics and reading skills.
- Learn: Your child learns to read new words by watching the DVD and reading the workbook.
- Practice: Your child practices reading the new sound combinations and words in the workbook.
- Read: Your child puts it all together to read a great story.
- Celebrate: Celebrate success after each lesson and track your childs progress!