Hooked on Phonics'
Learn-to-Read Program teaches kids the skills needed to become confident readers, giving them a foundation to build on through their elementary years and beyond. Utilizing workbooks, activities, fun stories, flash cards and reward stickers, children will gain not only an understanding of reading skills, but an appreciation for the joy that reading can bring. Following a pattern of "Learn, Practice, Read," students learn by watching the DVD lesson and reading the new words in the workbook, practice reading by reading the workbook, and master skills by reading a storybook. This second grade edition teaches long vowels, r-controlled vowels, y at the end of a word, two-syllable words, diphthongs, complex consonant blends, wr- and kn-, and soft c and g. Ages 7-8.
This kit includes:
- 8 illustrated storybooks, divided between Levels 1 & 2
- 2 workbooks, Level 1 & Level 2
- 2 DVDs filled with music videos and fun introductions to each lesson.
- Quick Start Guide with a panel that explains how to use the program
- 2 sets of stickers to proudly display in the workbooks and celebrate reading success!
- An online component with downloadable content, activities and games, and custom book recommendations.
Hooked on Phonics Learn to Read Second Grade Complete is designed to help kids learn the building blocks of reading to help them become confident readers.
Teaches Vowel dipthongs, Difficult consonant blends, Soft c and g as well as Silent e, Long vowels, Vowel digraphs and -r controlled vowels.
Includes engaging phonics-based activities, music videos, and online games.
Designed for children ages 7 to 8.
This includes both levels 1 and 2 of the Second Grade Learn to Read program in one convenient package.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.