- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Free ePub|
Vendor: Holman Reference
Publication Date: 2006
Availability: In Stock
Series: Holman Quicksource Guides
In today’s pluralistic society, not every approach to sharing the gospel will work with all people. Being ready to give reasons for the hope we have in Christ means understanding the contextual framework of the people we are addressing.
In the Holman QuickSource Guide to Christian Apologetics, Renaissance man Doug Powell defends the Christian faith in a new key; taking timehonored approaches in apologetics and freshly presenting them for a new generation.
1. What Is Apologetics?
2. The Cosmological Argument for God’s Existence
3. The Teleological Argument for God’s Existence
4. The Axiological Argument for God’s Existence
5. Which God Exists?
6. Where Did the New Testament Come From?
7. Is the New Testament Reliable?
8. ExtraBiblical Evidence for Jesus
9. Is the Old Testament Reliable?
10. The Fulfillment of Prophecy
11. What About Miracles?
12. Was Jesus Raised from Death?
13. Did Jesus Claim to Be God? Is He the Only Way?
14. How can God allow Evil, Pain, and Suffering?
cetcougarAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Best overall overview of Christian apologeticsSeptember 30, 2011cetcougarAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5This one small book has more information across the whole scope of Christian apologetics than any book I've seen. It is also written and illustrated in such a way as to be appealing and easy to read, while still doing a great job of handling some very profound subjects and thoughts. Highly recommend it for anyone wanting to either gain insights into the whole subject of Christian apologetics or are wanting something they can provide non-Christians to provide them something that will, at a minimum, certainly make them at least think about their own beliefs and where they are rooted. I'm currently developing a series of lessons on Christian apologetics to be taught at our local church, and am using this book as the primary resource.
DorothyLDavie, FlAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Great Book!September 24, 2011DorothyLDavie, FlAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Don't let the pictures fool you. This book is full of excellent, to the point information. I know I will Re-read it several times. The arguments are quite comlpete and arm you with the beginning tools that we need to properly defend the Christian faith.
MidwayPilot Point, TxAge: 55-65Gender: male5 Stars Out Of 5Excellent book to help defend the faithNovember 7, 2010MidwayPilot Point, TxAge: 55-65Gender: maleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5I used this book as the study guide for a beginning apologetics class. The class raved about the content - I rank it among the top study sessions. Hats off to Doug for this piece of work.
Nathan Morris5 Stars Out Of 5August 12, 2010Nathan MorrisThis was a pleasure to read, and a great overview. I read it from cover to cover, but it is organized so that it can act as a reference book later on. It's also very colorful with pictures that link to the topic being discussed. I am glad that this was my first book in the pursuit of apologetics. This Holman QuickSource series seems to be pretty solid all of the way around.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Reading Comprehension in Varied Subject Matter, Grade 10Jane ErvinEducators Publishing Service / 1999 / Trade Paperback$8.69 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 3 Reviews
$12.15Save 28% ($3.46)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW607X
Find Related Products
- Download >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- Download >> eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Reference
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Info & Answers
- eBooks >> Missions Evangelism & Apologetics >> Apologetics >> Reference
- Start A New Search