Renewing a biblical understanding of holiness in the 21st century, Holiness in the Gospels
brings alive the vision of holiness found in the life and ministry of Jesus. Its careful examination of the first four books of the New Testament reveals holiness as a reality fully able to engage the challenges and complexities of Christian life in the contemporary world. This scripturally grounded, theologically coherent vision is a genuine message of good news.
Holiness in the Gospels examines:
- The quest for holiness in the second Temple period, establishing the backdrop with which to read the Gospels
- The humanity of Christ and the work of the Spirit in His life and ministry in the Gospel of Luke
- The divinity of Jesus found in the Gospel of John
- The journey of Jesus and the understanding of Him as Messiah, Son of God, in the Gospel of Mark
- The perfection of Christ and our call to perfection in the Gospel of Matthew
Is there a future for the doctrine of Christian Holiness in the churches of the 21st century or will it become a dated concept that is associated only with the generations of the past?For many, the notion of holiness has been described as rigid and legalistic, leading to a routine and joyless life, centered on churches that offer casual and impoverished worship.Holiness in the Gospels offers Christians a new vision of holiness that is biblically responsible, centered in worship, and theologically coherent. It translates into a genuine message of good news and communicates a passion and understanding for how to live a holy life today1in the 21st century.Holiness in the Gospels examines: The quest for holiness in the second temple period and establishes the backdrop with which to read the GospelsThe humanity and the Spirit of Christ found in the Gospel of LukeThe divinity of Jesus found in the Gospel of JohnThe journey of Jesus and the understanding of Him as Messiah, Son of God, in the Gospel of MarkThe perfection of Christ and our call to perfection in the Gospel of Matthew, and much more
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.