- All Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculumhttp://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?event=EBRN&N=5401&Ne=1112231&Nso=1&Nu=product%2Eendeca%5Frollup&Ns=product%2Enumber%5Fsold
- Books of the Bible
- 1 Chronicles
- 1 Corinthians
- 1 John
- 1 Kings
- 1 Peter
- 1 Samuel
- 1 Thessalonians
- 1 Timothy
- 2 Chronicles
- 2 Corinthians
- 2 John
- 2 Kings
- 2 Peter
- 2 Samuel
- 2 Thessalonians
- 2 Timothy
- 3 John
- Entire Bible
- Minor Prophets
- New Testament
- Old Testament
- Song of Solomon
- Group or Individual Study
- Media Type
- Number of Lessons
- Guides & Workbooks
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
- At least 90% off
CBDReader App for Android
Using your Android device, you can download the CBDReader App directly from the Android Market. First, click on the 'Apps' icon from your main screen.
On the app screen, click 'Market' or 'Play Store'.
Click the spy glass icon and search 'CBDReader'.
Click 'Accept and download' to affirm the terms and conditions.
Click 'Open' to open the reader.
Log in with your CBD account and all the eBooks you've purchased on the Christianbook.com website will be automatically added to your device.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A CHRISTIAN THE WAY FIRST-CENTURY BELIEVERS DEFINED IT?
As followers of Jesus, we call ourselves Christians, but the fact is this word only appears three times in the Bible. In the New Testament, youll find a host of terms that identify the followers of Jesus, but there is one metaphor used more frequently than any other. Slave.
Thats right. The first Christians, having been galvanized by the words of Jesus, gave up everything and called themselves slaves of Christ. Now you can learn why this word best described early Christ-followersand youll see how an understanding of this truth changes the way to follow Him now. This discovery will unveil the riches of your salvation in a radically new way.
Now you or your group can use this study guide to drill down through each major concept in Dr. John MacArthurs remarkable book Slave:
REWIND. Look again at the important passages.
RETHINK. Check all the angles.
REFLECT. Consider how it affects you.
REACT. Change your life.
The gospel is not simply an invitation to become Christs associate or friendit is a mandate to become His slave.
John MacArthur expertly and lucidly explains that Jesus frees us from bondage into a royal slavery that we might be His possession. Those who would be His children must, paradoxically, be willing to be His slaves. DR. R.C. SPROUL
In this new book, John MacArthur presents a powerfully riveting and truly eye-opening look at our relationship to the Lord Jesus. Want to rise to a new level of trust and confidence in your Master? Then this is the book for you! JONI EARECKSON TADA, Joni and Friends International Disability Center
Dr. John MacArthurs teaching on slavery resonates in the deepest recesses of my inner-man. As an African-American pastor, I have been there. That is why the thought of someone writing about slavery as being a God-send was the most ludicrous, unconscionable thing that I could have ever imagined . . . until I read this book. Now I see that becoming a slave is a biblical command, completely redefining the idea of freedom in Christ. I dont want to simply be a follower or even just a servant . . . but a slave. THE REV. DR. DALLAS H. WILSON, JR., Vicar, St. Johns Episcopal Chapel, Charleston, South Carolina
Other Customers Also Purchased
Holy Bible: New American Standard Bible (NASB 1977 Edition) - eBookThe Lockman Foundation4 Stars Out Of 5 14 ReviewsSave 20%
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Character
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides >> Character
- eBooks >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- eBooks >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Curriculum Kits
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search