- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
ChristianBook eBooks on nook
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your nook device, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
Plug your nook into the computer and open Adobe Digital Editions.
If this is your first time plugging your nook into ADE, you will need to authorize your nook in order add eBooks.
Once plugged in, your nook will be displayed in the left column of Adobe Digital Editions under the Bookshelves.
When you've chose an eBook that you wish to add to your nook, click and drag the eBook over the nook icon and let go when you see the green plus symbol.
After you've added your eBooks to your nook, you can unplug the device from your computer and access your Library.
To access your Christianbook.com licensed eBooks, first click the orange "My Library" button on the nook home screen to access your eBooks.
Next, click on "View My Documents" at the bottom of your nook's navigation screen.
Use the arrows to browse and then click the circle on the right side to select your eBook.
You are now ready to enjoy your eBook!
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Thomas Nelson
Publication Date: 2010
Availability: In Stock
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE A CHRISTIAN THE WAY FIRST-CENTURY BELIEVERS DEFINED IT?
As followers of Jesus, we call ourselves Christians, but the fact is this word only appears three times in the Bible. In the New Testament, youll find a host of terms that identify the followers of Jesus, but there is one metaphor used more frequently than any other. Slave.
Thats right. The first Christians, having been galvanized by the words of Jesus, gave up everything and called themselves slaves of Christ. Now you can learn why this word best described early Christ-followersand youll see how an understanding of this truth changes the way to follow Him now. This discovery will unveil the riches of your salvation in a radically new way.
Now you or your group can use this study guide to drill down through each major concept in Dr. John MacArthurs remarkable book Slave:
REWIND. Look again at the important passages.
RETHINK. Check all the angles.
REFLECT. Consider how it affects you.
REACT. Change your life.
The gospel is not simply an invitation to become Christs associate or friendit is a mandate to become His slave.
John MacArthur expertly and lucidly explains that Jesus frees us from bondage into a royal slavery that we might be His possession. Those who would be His children must, paradoxically, be willing to be His slaves. DR. R.C. SPROUL
In this new book, John MacArthur presents a powerfully riveting and truly eye-opening look at our relationship to the Lord Jesus. Want to rise to a new level of trust and confidence in your Master? Then this is the book for you! JONI EARECKSON TADA, Joni and Friends International Disability Center
Dr. John MacArthurs teaching on slavery resonates in the deepest recesses of my inner-man. As an African-American pastor, I have been there. That is why the thought of someone writing about slavery as being a God-send was the most ludicrous, unconscionable thing that I could have ever imagined . . . until I read this book. Now I see that becoming a slave is a biblical command, completely redefining the idea of freedom in Christ. I dont want to simply be a follower or even just a servant . . . but a slave. THE REV. DR. DALLAS H. WILSON, JR., Vicar, St. Johns Episcopal Chapel, Charleston, South Carolina
Other Customers Also Purchased
Robber of the Cruel Streets: The Prayerful Life of George Muller, DVDVision Video / DVD$13.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 11 Reviews
$19.99Save 30% ($6.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW009391
Holy Bible: New American Standard Bible (NASB 1977 Edition) - eBookThe Lockman FoundationLockman Foundation / 2011 / ePub$2.39 Retail:4 Stars Out Of 5 15 Reviews
$2.99Save 20% ($0.60)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW18530EB
Find Related Products
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Download
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Character
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- Bible Studies & Curriculum >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- Download >> eBooks >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources
- eBooks >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides >> Character
- eBooks >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides >> Discipleship & Growth
- eBooks >> Bible Studies >> Christian Living Guides >> Faith
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Curriculum Kits
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral >> Small Group Resources >> Study Guides >> Christian Living Guides
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search