- Media Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Karen Jessing's plans for her life completely shattered when she realized she had married an abuser. In addition to being a victim of domestic violence, she was twice paralyzed, went through a traumatic divorce, struggled raising two children, lost her dream job, and was diagnosed with lupus.
Each situation continued to change the course of Karen's life. Of significance, however, are not the numerous life-altering events, but how she responded to them. She decided to trust God. In hopeless situations, she refused to be helpless. With faith, she conquered insurmountable odds, and as you read her story, you too can learn to:
- Turn your adversities into opportunities.
- Identify emotional blackmail.
- Recognize early signs and clues of abuse.
- Leave an abusive relationship safely.
- Take steps toward recovery.
- Confront and overcome your fears.
- Discover who you are.
- Find the courage to make a change.
- Dream new dreams. For Karen, that meant marriage to a kind man.
Author Bio: Karen Jessing and her husband, Stanley, live in Madera, California, and are active in their local church. They spend three months a year working with SOWERs-a Christian RV group that does volunteer work at Christian camps, conference centers, and other Christian ministries.
Karen was the Women's Retreat Coordinator at Sugar Pine Christian Camps in Oakhurst, California, for thirteen years. She is a California certified Victim Services Advocate, teaches "Understanding Yourself and Others" seminars, speaks at women's retreats and seminars, and has completed Florence Littauer's CLASSeminar.
Number of Pages: 136
Vendor: Winepress Publishing
Publication Date: 2010
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Availability: In Stock
Angry Men and the Women Who Love Them Breaking the Cycle of Physical and Emotional AbusePaul HegstromBeacon Hill Press / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 12 Reviews
$13.99Save 21% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW121522
Living with an Angry Spouse: Help for Victims of AbuseEdward T. WelchNew Growth Press / 2008 / Trade Paperback$3.49 Retail:1 Stars Out Of 5 2 Reviews
$3.99Save 13% ($0.50)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW8535X
Norma JantzenMadera CAAge: Over 65Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5Hey God . . . real answers for real trialsJune 7, 2012Norma JantzenMadera CAAge: Over 65Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Karen's life becomes an "open book" as she allows us to see into her many not-so-pleasant trials of abuse, health issues and setbacks, but most important, she shows the reader how to face and overcome insecurities and seemingly impossible situations through her Christian faith. The book is honest and real, and it offers answers for others in similar situations.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Breaking Free: Discover the Victory of Total Surrender - eBookBeth MooreB&H Books / 2007 / ePub$8.59 Retail:5 Stars Out Of 5 17 Reviews
$9.99Save 14% ($1.40)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW6350EB
Christianish: What If We're Not Really Following Jesus at All? - eBookMark SteeleDavid C. Cook / 2013 / ePub$9.69 Retail:
$14.99Save 35% ($5.30)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW37984EB
Amplified Zippered Collection Bible, Large Print, BurgundyZondervan / 2012 / Bonded Leather$45.99 Retail:
$74.99Save 39% ($29.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW421184
Find Related Products
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Abuse
- Books >> Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Emotional Issues >> Fear
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Recovery >> Abuse
- Books >> Personal Growth >> Women's Issues
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Overcoming Spiritual Challenges >> Abuse
- Christian Living >> Spirituality >> Personal Testimonies
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search