A wife asked, "What can I do to help my husband with his anger?" An older son asked, "What do I do when my father gets angry? How am I supposed to respond?"
- Understand that there are probably things you don't understand.
- Deal properly with your own anger: (A) Acknowledge that it is sin (B) Control your anger God's way.
- Deflect anger: (A) Answer back gently (B) Give a gift to the angry person.
- Do not deliver an angry person from the consequences of his anger.
- Use emotional word pictures.
- Seek and pray for the skill of patience.
- Use spiritual weapons to defeat his carnal weapons. (A) We're born knowing how to use carnal weapons (B) Carnal weapons are deceitful (C) Spiritual weapons are more powerful!