- All Products
- Church & Pastoral× (41,238)
- 4th of July
- Baby Dedication
- Father's Day
- Good Friday
- Jewish Holidays
- Labor Day
- Mother's Day
- New Baby
- New Year's
- Palm Sunday
- St. Patrick's Day
- Valentine's Day
- Women's Day
- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- Author's Translation
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- GNT-Good News Translation
- God's Word
- LBLA-Las Americas
- NAB-New American Bible
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NBD-Nueva Biblia al Dia
- NCV-New Century Version
- NET-New English Translation
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- REB-Revised English Bible
- RVR-Reina Valera
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- With Apocrypha
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
ChristianBook eBooks on the Sony Reader
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your Sony device, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
Without using ADE, the Sony Reader will attempt to open eBooks with its own software, the Reader Library, and you may receive an error message.
To bypass the Sony Reader Library, return to the eBook portion of 'My Account' on our site, and click to download the eBook again.
When the Adobe Digital Editions installer comes up, click on 'Download Item.'
If you are downloading a DRM Protected eBook, you will be prompted to open or save the URLLINK.acsm. Click 'Save'.
Save the file to your Desktop for quick access later.
Right-click on the URLLINK file, then select 'Open With' and choose Adobe Digital Editions.
If Adobe Digital Editions is not in the list, click 'Choose Default Program' and then select Adobe Digital Editions from the list.
Your eBook will open and display in ADE.
Plug in your Sony Reader, which will now display its model number and not just as Sony Reader.
Now just click, drag and drop your eBook onto the Sony Reader icon.
You can now eject your Sony Reader, open up the Books library and your eBook is ready to read.
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
"What I hope the reader will take away from this collection is the deeply held belief that the issue of healing permeates our relationship with God at almost every level. The body that God has given us is more than an empty shell that holds our spirit. The body is instead an integral part of the relationship we have with the Creator. When it is broken or diseased, the spirit suffers. When the spirit is bruised, the body is disturbed. Healing is a daily process that teaches us to be more fully in communion with God. Healing must not be relegated to the physicians and the healthcare system. Instead, the faith community is expected to make healing a central issue in all matters of hope, love, and compassion. The common thread through each sermon is this very notion. Healing is a process, which seeks to make us whole, and our relationship with God is, in part, dependent on healing continually taking place."
---G. Scott Morris, MD, from the Introduction
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
This is a collection of sermons which explores Christian understandings of healing, wholeness, and restoration. Among the contributors are Walter Brueggemann, Barbara Brown Taylor, Maxie Dunnam, Barbara Lundblad, William Sloane Coffin, and Reginald Mallett.
The editor of the volume, G. Scott Morris, is a physician and an elder in The United Methodist Church. He is founder and executive director of the Church Health Center in Memphis, Tennessee, the largest faith-based, not-for-profit primary health clinic in America.
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Spiritual Gifts >> Healing
- Church & Pastoral
- Download >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> Church & Pastoral
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Spiritual Gifts
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Start A New Search