- All Products
- Church & Pastoral× (41,057)
- 4th of July
- Baby Dedication
- Father's Day
- Good Friday
- Jewish Holidays
- Labor Day
- Mother's Day
- New Baby
- New Year's
- Palm Sunday
- St. Patrick's Day
- Valentine's Day
- Women's Day
- NIV-New International Version
- KJV-King James Version
- NKJV-New King James Version
- ESV-English Standard Version
- NLT-New Living Translation
- NASB-New American Standard
- HCSB-Holman Christian Standard
- NIrV-New International Readers Version
- NRSV-New Revised Standard Version
- CEB-Common English Bible
- Author's Translation
- CEV-Contemporary English Version
- GNT-Good News Translation
- God's Word
- LBLA-Las Americas
- NAB-New American Bible
- NASB update-New American Standard Update
- NBD-Nueva Biblia al Dia
- NCV-New Century Version
- NTV-Nueva Traduccion Viviente
- NVI-Nueva Version Internacional
- REB-Revised English Bible
- RVR-Reina Valera
- TNIV-Today's New International Version
- With Apocrypha
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Theological Tradition▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
ChristianBook eBooks on nook
To read a Christianbook.com licensed eBook on your nook device, you will need to use Adobe Digital Editions.
Plug your nook into the computer and open Adobe Digital Editions.
If this is your first time plugging your nook into ADE, you will need to authorize your nook in order add eBooks.
Once plugged in, your nook will be displayed in the left column of Adobe Digital Editions under the Bookshelves.
When you've chose an eBook that you wish to add to your nook, click and drag the eBook over the nook icon and let go when you see the green plus symbol.
After you've added your eBooks to your nook, you can unplug the device from your computer and access your Library.
To access your Christianbook.com licensed eBooks, first click the orange "My Library" button on the nook home screen to access your eBooks.
Next, click on "View My Documents" at the bottom of your nook's navigation screen.
Use the arrows to browse and then click the circle on the right side to select your eBook.
You are now ready to enjoy your eBook!
Have questions about eBooks? Check out our eBook FAQs.
"What I hope the reader will take away from this collection is the deeply held belief that the issue of healing permeates our relationship with God at almost every level. The body that God has given us is more than an empty shell that holds our spirit. The body is instead an integral part of the relationship we have with the Creator. When it is broken or diseased, the spirit suffers. When the spirit is bruised, the body is disturbed. Healing is a daily process that teaches us to be more fully in communion with God. Healing must not be relegated to the physicians and the healthcare system. Instead, the faith community is expected to make healing a central issue in all matters of hope, love, and compassion. The common thread through each sermon is this very notion. Healing is a process, which seeks to make us whole, and our relationship with God is, in part, dependent on healing continually taking place."
---G. Scott Morris, MD, from the Introduction
|Format: DRM Protected ePub|
Vendor: Abingdon Press
Publication Date: 2011
Availability: In Stock
This is a collection of sermons which explores Christian understandings of healing, wholeness, and restoration. Among the contributors are Walter Brueggemann, Barbara Brown Taylor, Maxie Dunnam, Barbara Lundblad, William Sloane Coffin, and Reginald Mallett.
The editor of the volume, G. Scott Morris, is a physician and an elder in The United Methodist Church. He is founder and executive director of the Church Health Center in Memphis, Tennessee, the largest faith-based, not-for-profit primary health clinic in America.
Find Related Products
- Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Spiritual Gifts >> Healing
- Church & Pastoral
- Download >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> Church & Pastoral
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship
- Download >> eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit
- Download >> eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Discipleship >> Knowing God
- eBooks >> Christian Living >> Holy Spirit >> Spiritual Gifts
- eBooks >> Church & Pastoral
- Start A New Christianbook.com Search