Harcourt Horizons Grade 6 Homeschool Package with Parent Guide CD-ROM
- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- Map Area▼▲
- US States▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Resource Type▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
The Student Text organizes content into units, chapters, and lessons. Unit intro pages include a poem or story about the main topic, as well as a list of vocabulary words students should expect to encounter. Students also have the opportunity to start a unit project, which is completed at the end of the unit. Individual lessons include a "big idea" and new vocabulary sidebar (vocab words are highlighted throughout the lesson), as well as a unique "focus skill" (e.g. categorization, making inferences, compare and contrast). A review question signals the end of each short section, with a final end-of-lesson review that quizzes students on the big idea, vocabulary, the chapter focus skill, and main concept; an activity is also provided. Chapters and units conclude with review and test preparation pages that include vocabulary definitions, fact recall, critical thinking questions, and the opportunity to apply the skills learned. Special skills pages focused on maps, charts, and other key elements are also integrated throughout. A glossary, index, biographical dictionary, and gazetteer are included in the back of the book.
This Grade 6 curriculum, "World History," includes 8 units which cover:
- The World and the Early People (Earth's Geography, Hunters and Gatherers)
- Early Centers of Civilization (the Tigris and Euphrates Valley, the Nile Valley)
- Eastern Civilizations (Southwest Asian Civilizations, Asia's Classical Age)
- Western Civilizations (the Ancient Greeks, the Ancient Romans)
- The Rise of Later Civilizations (Europe after the Romans, Africa and Asia)
- The Spread of Civilizations (new empires, the growth of trade)
- The Early Modern World (Europe and the Western Hemisphere, the Eastern Hemisphere)
- Toward the Present Day (times of Rapid Change, Global challenges)
The Homeschool Parent Guide CD-ROM replaces the standard teacher's edition, and includes daily lesson plans, teaching suggestions, answers to the student edition activities, and chapter test assessments.
The Activity Book provides activity worksheets that reinforce the concepts and skills in the text; worksheets include multiple choice, short answer, graphic organizer, puzzle, writing, map, and chart activities. One activity per lesson and skill is provided, along with chapter review and test preparation pages. Newsprint-like pages are perforated and three-hole-punched.
The Activity Book Teacher's Edition provides the answers for the student activity book; full-size reproductions of the student pages have the correct answers overlaid in blue.
The Assessment Program book is based around informal, formal, performance, portfolio, and personal assessments. There are individual forms for end-of-project summaries and checklists, project and presentation rubrics, and portfolio evaluations. Chapter and unit tests are included as well as performance task assignments. An answer key is included with quarter-size student pages with overlaid answers.
The Harcourt Horizons Grade 6 Homeschool Kit with Parent Guide CD-ROM includes:
- Student Text, 666 pages, hardcover with index
- Student Activity Book, newsprint-like perforated pages, three-hole-punched, 179 pages, softcover
- Activity Book Teacher's Edition, newsprint-like perforated pages, three-hole-punched, 179 pages, softcover. Pages are classroom-reproducible.
- Assessment Program Book, 200 perforated pages, three-hole-punched, softcover
- Homeschool Parent Guide CD-ROM
Vendor: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Availability: In Stock
Grade 6 Social Studies PACEs 1061-1072 (4th Edition)Accelerated Christian Education / Other$34.99Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW652397
myWorld Social Studies Grade 6 Homeschool BundlePearson Learning / 2013 / Other$64.99 Retail:
$72.47Save 10% ($7.48)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW875055
Scott Foresman Social Studies Grade 6 Homeschool BundlePearson Learning / 2011 / Other$143.99 Retail:
$185.47Save 22% ($41.48)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW709496
Core Skills: Social Studies Grade 6Harcourt Achieve / Trade Paperback$8.19 Retail:
$9.99Save 18% ($1.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW039051
Other Customers Also Purchased
Grade 6 Homeschool Child Language Arts KitA Beka Book / Other$119.35 Retail:
$125.60Save 5% ($6.25)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW170224
Teaching Textbooks: Math 7 Kit (Windows & Macintosh)Greg Sabouri, Shawn SabouriTeaching Textbooks Inc / 2010 / Other$149.904.5 Stars Out Of 5 14 ReviewsAvailability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW9950023