- All Products
- Grade Level
- Media Type
- Map Area
- US States
- Guides & Workbooks
- Resource Type
- Author / Artist
- Top Rated
- At least 10% off
- At least 20% off
- At least 30% off
- At least 40% off
- At least 50% off
- At least 60% off
- At least 70% off
- At least 80% off
The Student Text organizes content into units, chapters, and lessons. Unit intro pages include a poem or story about the main topic, as well as a list of vocabulary words students should expect to encounter. Students also have the opportunity to start a unit project, which is completed at the end of the unit. Individual lessons include a "big idea" and new vocabulary sidebar (vocab words are highlighted throughout the lesson), as well as a unique "focus skill" (e.g. categorization, making inferences, compare and contrast). A review question signals the end of each short section, with a final end-of-lesson review that quizzes students on the big idea, vocabulary, the chapter focus skill, and main concept; an activity is also provided. Chapters and units conclude with review and test preparation pages that include vocabulary definitions, fact recall, critical thinking questions, and the opportunity to apply the skills learned. Special skills pages focused on maps, charts, and other key elements are also integrated throughout. A glossary, index, biographical dictionary, and gazetteer are included in the back of the book.
This Grade 3 curriculum, "People and Communities," includes 6 units which cover:
- Learning About Communities (geography of communities, people in communities)
- Citizenship & Government (local government, national government)
- Communities are Everywhere (place & environment, map skills)
- Many Kinds of People (American stories & heroes, immigration & culture)
- Communities over Time (community history, American history)
- People Working in a Community (inventions, using money)
The Homeschool Parent Guide CD-ROMs replace the standard teacher's edition, and includes daily lesson plans, teaching suggestions, answers to the student edition activities, and chapter test assessments.
The Activity Book provides activity worksheets that reinforce the concepts and skills in the text; worksheets include multiple choice, short answer, graphic organizer, puzzle, writing, map, and chart activities. One activity per lesson and skill is provided, along with chapter review and test preparation pages. Newsprint-like pages are perforated and three-hole-punched.
The Activity Book Teacher's Edition provides the answers for the student activity book; full-size reproductions of the student pages have the correct answers overlaid in blue.
The Assessment Program book is based around informal, formal, performance, portfolio, and personal assessments. There are individual forms for end-of-project summaries and checklists, project and presentation rubrics, and portfolio evaluations. Chapter and unit tests are included as well as performance task assignments. An answer key is included with quarter-size student pages with overlaid answers.
The Harcourt Horizons Grade 3 Homeschool Kit with Parent Guide CD-ROM includes:
- Student Text, 448 pages, hardcover with index
- Student Activity Book, newsprint-like perforated pages, three-hole-punched, 100 pages, softcover
- Activity Book Teacher's Edition, newsprint-like perforated pages, three-hole-punched, 100 pages, softcover. Pages are classroom-reproducible.
- Assessment Program Book, 139 perforated pages, three-hole-punched, softcover
- Homeschool Parent Guide CD-ROM
Vendor: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Availability: In Stock
Social Studies, Grades 3-4Save 27%
myWorld Social Studies Grade 3 Homeschool BundleSave 7%
Scott Foresman Social Studies Grade 3 Homeschool BundleSave 8%