- Grade Level▼▲
- Media Type▼▲
- VeggieTales Characters▼▲
- Guides & Workbooks▼▲
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 224
Vendor: Tommy Nelson
Publication Date: 2006
Dimensions: 9.25 X 6.62 (inches)
Availability: In Stock
Day by Day Devotions 7-minute character growing devotions for kidsKaryn HenleyTyndale House / 2004 / Trade Paperback$10.99 Retail:4.5 Stars Out Of 5 4 Reviews
$13.99Save 21% ($3.00)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW74853
God loves to see us grow! But more than anything, He wants us to grow closer to Jesus. Just as we mature physically, we can also grow on the inside. How? By spending time each day with Jesus.
Growing with Jesus: 100 Daily Devotionals contains 100 quick readings to help the reader grow stronger in his or her faith. Each devotion provides a Scripture verse, a fun thought to grow on, and a fascinating 'factoid' about our amazing, ever-growing body and the world around us! From the uniqueness of our fingerprints to a shark that goes through 24,000 teeth to how our body grows at night and then shrinks back during the day.
Growing with Jesus is the one book that will help kids grow as much on the inside as they're growing on the outside!
Common Core Standards:
- R.CCR.1 Read closely to determine what the text says explicitly and to make logical inferences from it; cite specific textual evidence when writing or speaking to support conclusions drawn from the text;
- R.CCR.2 Determine central ideas or themes of a text and analyze their development; summarize the key supporting details and ideas;
- R.CCR.3 Analyze how and why individuals, events, and ideas develop and interact over the course of a text;
- R.CCR.7 Integrate and evaluate content presented in diverse media and formats, including visually and quantitatively, as well as in words;
- R.CCR.9 Analyze how two or more texts address similar themes or topics in order to build knowledge or to compare the approaches the authors take;
- SL.CCR.1 Prepare for and participate effectively in a range of conversations and collaborations with diverse partners, building on others' ideas and expressing their own clearly and persuasively;
- SL.CCR.2 Integrate and evaluate information presented in diverse media and formats, including visually, quantitatively, and orally;
- SL.CCR.3 Evaluate a speaker's point of view, reasoning, and use of evidence and rhetoric
Andy Holmes is a creator, performer, writer, and songwriter. He is a frequent conference speaker, teacher, and workshop leader at events all over the country. Andy has appeared on The 700 Club and numerous other talk/interview radio and television programs. He is the author of the Tommy Nelson childrens books Growing with Jesus and the Bible for Me series.
Fitzysmom5 Stars Out Of 5May 20, 2014FitzysmomIf you are looking for a great way to keep your kiddo in the Word this Summer . . . look no further! Growing with Jesus is the perfect little devotional for laid back Summer days. The graphics are colorful and the content is very engaging. The perfect combo to peek the interest of your child.
Each day's topic is unique with a Scripture to begin with. The 'Thoughts To Grow On' section expounds on the daily topic and leaves you with thoughts to discuss and ponder. One of our favorite things about each day was the 'My Amazing World' section. This part gives a fascinating fact about the world we live in. As an adult even I learned some new facts!
This book is recommended for boys and girls ages 6-10. I also think it could work for slightly younger and slightly older siblings making it a great resource for family devotions.
I received a copy of this book to facilitate my review.
mimiAge: 45-54Gender: female5 Stars Out Of 5December 2, 2010mimiAge: 45-54Gender: femaleQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5Delightful book with cute illustrations and easy to understand explanations of Scripture that help children see how Scriptures apply in daily living. I liked the inclusion of suggestions for putting the lessons into practice.
Kauikel5 Stars Out Of 5October 14, 2010KauikelQuality: 5Value: 5Meets Expectations: 5My 5year old looks forward to our devotional time using this book. It is simple yet has great discussion questions.
Sarabeth5 Stars Out Of 5January 20, 2010SarabethI bought this for my grandson as he was turning 4 years old and he reminded his parents to read it each night! They have read through this devotional many times over the past several years and it is still his favorite. It is easy to understand and apply. I would recommend it for any youg child!
Onnie5 Stars Out Of 5May 25, 2009OnnieI read this for my 4yr old boy and 6 yr old girl every night. They loved it. It was very to the point which works well with little children. They enjoyed the interesting world fact at the end. It's made to read in the mornings, but we read it at night so I changed "today" to "tomorrow" when I read.