A Bible Study for individuals and groups which assigns Scripture readings for each day of the year, enabling the user to read the entire Bible in one year. Each daily entry includes the Scripture reference, a brief commentary, and a short prayer for guidance.
Read Scripture daily. Respond to Scripture daily. Pray daily.
Study the whole Bible in a year with this spiral bound companion to The Grand Sweep - 365 Days from Genesis Through Revelation.
The Daily Response Book has five sections:
- Questions or directions for Days 1-7 each week call for written response to the assigned Scripture
- "Prayer Time" suggests a focus for daily and weekly praying and invites you to identify persons and concerns for prayer.
- "How the Drama Develops" summarizes the week's Scripture and situates it in the ongoing biblical story.
- "Seeing Life Through Scripture" invites you to view life through the lens of Scripture in order to draw guidance and insights for living. Think of yourself in conversation with Scripture.
- "The Sum of It All" in a verse or verses, sums up the week's Scripture. Over the course of fifty-two weeks, the verses become a synopsis of the biblical story.
Congregations, study groups, and individuals can begin The Grand Sweep
at any time during the year with this study. Allow at least 30 minutes daily when using this resource.
J. Ellsworth Kalas has been part of the faculty of Asbury Theological Seminary since 1993, after thirty-eight years as a United Methodist pastor and five years in evangelism with the World Methodist Council. He has been a presenter on DISCIPLE videos and is the author of more than thirty books, including the popular Back Side series as well as the Christian Believer study.
J. Ellsworth Kalas is the author of more than 35 books, including the popular Back Side series, A Faith of Her Own, Strong Was Her Faith, I Bought a House on Gratitude Street, and The Thirteen Apostles. He was a United Methodist pastor for 38 years and has been part of the faculty of Asbury Theological Seminary since 1993, formerly serving as president and now as senior professor of homiletics.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.