- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Vendor: Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co.
Publication Date: 2007
Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)
Availability: Expected to ship on or about 02/28/15.
Torture Is a Moral Issue: Christians, Jews, Muslims, and People of Conscience Speak OutEdited by George HunsingerWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2008 / Trade Paperback$23.40 Retail:
$26.00Save 10% ($2.60)Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.CBD Stock No: WW860293
In Good Punishment? James Samuel Logan critiques the American obsession with imprisonment as punishment, calling it "retributive degradation" of the incarcerated. His analysis draws on both salient empirical data and material from a variety of disciplines ? social history, anthropology, law and penal theory, philosophy of religion ? as he uncovers the devastating social consequences (both direct and collateral) of imprisonment on such a large, unprecedented scale.
A distinctive contribution of this book lies in its development of a Christian social ethics of "good punishment" embodied as a politics of "healing memories" and "ontological intimacy." Logan earnestly explores how Christians can best engage with the real-life issues and concerns surrounding the American practice of imprisonment.
|Email me when this product is available.|
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Human Rights
- Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Social Justice/Ethics
- Academic >> Theology >> Political Thought
- Academic >> Theology >> Religion & Society
- Books >> Theology >> Ethics >> Human Rights
- Books >> Theology >> Ethics >> Social Justice/Ethics
- Books >> Theology >> Political Thought
- Books >> Theology >> Religion & Society
- Start A New Search