Bulls, Bears, and Golden Calves: Applying Christian Ethics in Economics
- Author / Artist▼▲
- Top Rated▼▲
Number of Pages: 256
Vendor: IVP Academic
Publication Date: 2009
|Dimensions: 9.00 X 6.00 (inches)|
Availability: Usually ships in 24-48 hours.
Global Neighbors: Christian Faith and Moral Obligation in Today's EconomyEdited by Douglas A. Hicks & Mark ValeriWm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2008 / Trade Paperback$25.20 Retail:
$28.00Save 10% ($2.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW860330
A Biblical Economics Manifesto: Economics and the Christian WorldviewJames P. Gills, Ronald NashCharisma Media / Trade Paperback$8.19 Retail:
$9.99Save 18% ($1.80)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW98715
Engaging Economics: New Testament Scenarios and Early Christian ReceptionBruce Longenecker(Eds.) & Kelly Liebengood(Eds.)Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Co. / 2009 / Trade Paperback$28.80 Retail:
$32.00Save 10% ($3.20)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW864147
Stapleford has been published in many professional journals including Growth and Change, Christian Scholars Review, Journal of Markets & Morality, Faith & Economics, Journal of Biblical Integration in Business and the Journal of Public Budgeting, Accounding and Financial Mangement. He is also the author of Bulls, Bears and Golden Calves: Applying Christian Ethics in Economics.
John Stapleford says no, along with those economists who recognize the limits of their discipline. He insightfully shows us in detail how ethics are inextricably intertwined with economic life and analysis. Writing from a Christian ethical perspective, he interacts with seven standard introductory economics texts, exploring the moral challenges embedded in various macro-, micro- and international economic theories and outlining a faithful response to them.
Keyed to seven of the most widely used introductory economics texts--Gwartney, Stroup & Sobel; Mankiw; Mansfield & Behravesh; McConnell & Brue; Miller; Samuelson & Nordhaus; and Stiglitz--this book will be especially useful for introductory courses in economics.
This revised and expanded edition includes updated charts and graphs and three new chapters covering executive compensation, the effects of corruption and rural development.
Other Customers Also Purchased
Lifepac Foundations for Living Complete Elective SetAlpha Omega Publications / 2003 / Other$53.96 Retail:
$59.95Save 10% ($5.99)Availability: In StockCBD Stock No: WW303716
Find Related Products
- Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Environmental Ethics
- Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Human Rights
- Academic >> Theology >> Ethics >> Social Justice/Ethics
- Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Ecology & Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> General Theology >> Public Theology
- Academic >> Theology >> Political Thought
- Books >> Theology >> Ethics >> Environmental Ethics
- Books >> Theology >> Ethics >> Human Rights
- Books >> Theology >> Ethics >> Social Justice/Ethics
- Books >> Theology >> General Theology >> Ecology & Theology
- Books >> Theology >> General Theology >> Public Theology
- Books >> Theology >> Political Thought
- Start A New Search