Reedited from beginning to end with amplified scenes and an added subplot, this all-new 2-Disc Extended Director’s Cut
of Ronald F. Maxwell’s Gettysburg
prequel restores his original vision of the fierce allegiances and combat of the early American Civil War. From Jeffrey M. Shaara’s bestseller, this commemorative release coinciding with the 150th anniversary of the North/South conflict incorporates an hour of footage never seen before. The story of actor and future Presidential assassin John Wilkes Booth (Chris Conner) is newly integrated throughout the narrative alongside the legendary heroism of Joshua Chamberlain (Jeff Daniels), "Stonewall" Jackson (Stephen Lang) and Robert E. Lee (Robert Duvall). And the battle of Antietam is now included along with the fateful clashes at Manassas, Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville. This commemorative edition also features a 48-page book with photos, bios, and timeline. Rated PG-13. Approx. 280 minutes.Disc 1 (Blu-ray*):
Disc 2 (DVD):
- All-New Extended Director’s Cut (1080p HD)
- All-New Intro by Ted Turner (Producer) & Ron Maxwell (Director/Screenwriter)
- All-New Commentary by Ron Maxwell and Historical Advisors Col. Keith Gibson and James I. Robertson Jr.
- English and Spanish audio
- English, French, and Spanish Subtitles
*Blu-ray discs can't be played on standard DVD equipment. A Blu-ray player is needed.
- 3 Featurettes:
- Journey to the Past - African-American Slave Experience
- The Authenticities of the Film
- The Life of Thomas" Stonewall" Jackson
- Cross the Green Mount - Music Video by Bob Dylan
- Theatrical Trailer
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.