A complete resource for Getting Started, that includes a personal challenge to the teacher, patterning tips, suggestions for meditation, visual reinforcements, stories illustrating the character trait being studied and a variety of teaching ideas for enrichment and fun. Student textbook pages with answers are reproduced in the Teacher's Edition.
Each grade level includes:
- 9 units of study. Each unit of study includes character traits appropriate in number to each grade level.
- Verses to study and/or memorize to reinforce the concepts. These are in addition to a theme passage for grades one through eight.
- Activity pages in the student book which are appealingly designed and illustrated for the mind and heart of a child.
- Parent communicators, beginning with letters home on the lower levels to ideas for teacher contact on the upper levels.
- Bible and everyday examples (from the NIV) of each quality.
Children learn by watching, and in this curriculum they will watch contemporary and Bible people succeeding, and sometimes failing, in their effort to do right. Teacher's guides which go beyond "here's how." Each guide on each level has been carefully planned to equip the teacher to creatively teach the unit. Spiritual challenges, unit overview, visual reinforcements, extra ideas, tips on opening and closing lessons, and special project suggestions are included in each custom-designed guide. The amount of time set aside, however, will depend on your schedule and goals. Some teachers reserve a small amount of daily time, while others plan a longer period once or twice a week.
Have a question about this product? Ask us here.